Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 2020.48.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2020.48.12.1 on a Model 3 EU LR 2021.

Error message after the update, call assistance.

Reset 2-wheels&pedal erased any setting, data entries, key associations, trip values & energy screen (just odo remained), location Fremont at mothership.
Now BT & Wifi malfunctions, navigation impossible.

Watch out, i've already read (can't find it now) of identical behaviour on this update when reset.

• Informative
Reactions: KenC

Reset 2-wheels&pedal erased any setting, data entries, key associations, trip values & energy screen (just odo remained), location Fremont at mothership.

Watch out, i've already read (can't find it now) of identical behaviour on this update when reset.
Got 2020.12.1 yesterday and onto text improvements

Got 20.48.12.1 yesterday and no big adds. Only texts etc.

Yet another false alarm this morning. I thought it might be the holiday V11 update, but it was just a minor bug fix for 2020.48.x. I know I’ll almost certainly read about it here before I get it, but that’s two updates I’ve had in about a week and a half - I wishfully thought, “Perhaps I’m on the leading edge of this thing this time.” They’re just toying with me now.

Looks like Early Access is getting another FSD Beta update:

WRBbrTf.png

I thought the range update was only for ‘21 cars, but my 2019 SR+ (13K miles on the odo) was sitting on 176 miles @80% (220@100%) when I applied the update and later that day when I got in to shift the car in the garage I noticed it was at 190@80% (237@100%). I thought, “Hmmm. I wasn’t charging. I didn’t do my recalibration cycle yet. That’s weird.”

According to Teslascope:

https://teslascope.com/teslapedia/software/2020.48.25

Disclaimer: The following updates have not been confirmed by our team and thus may change entirely by the time we receive the actual release notes. Please take it with a grain of salt.

Driving Visualization Improvements
No further information has been provided at this time.

Scheduled Departure Improvements

Supercharger Display Improvements

Vehicle Information Improvements

Release Notes Redesign

New Games
  • Solitare
  • A new game that is playable online.
And many more features.
As aforementioned, this is just a few features that have been provided to us.

So 3 threads that are about the same release...

:)

But based on the current release notes exactly as I expected.. only FSD UI improvements..

Unfortunately no actual improvements related to driving
No multipoint nav, no additional driver assist feature, still a dumb auto park, no Smart Auto Park....

Pretty useless release....
Lol relax, what you see isn’t the full release. Tesla has different release notes for different parts of the world. This is most likely a controlled leak, containing a preview of what’s to come for North America. Also don’t get your hopes up about actual FSD Beta features coming to the car. That stuff was not promised to be in this update and it’s simply just not ready to be released to the masses anyway

Lol relax, what you see isn’t the full release. Tesla has different release notes for different parts of the world. This is most likely a controlled leak, containing a preview of what’s to come for North America. Also don’t get your hopes up about actual FSD Beta features coming to the car. That stuff was not promised to be in this update and it’s simply just not ready to be released to the masses anyway

Read my post again....I'm not saying we are getting FSD beta... I never have and exactly saying as you that we will not be getting that at most we would get FSD visualization improvements. That does seem to be aligned with these release notes.

Reactions: Cyclegamer
Read my post again....I'm not saying we are getting FSD beta... I never have and exactly saying as you that we will not be getting that at most we would get FSD visualization improvements. That does seem to be aligned with these release notes.
Yes I understand what you are saying, I’m just saying what you see isn’t the full release, and some of the FSD things are still possible, just don’t expect them.

So 3 threads that are about the same release...

:)

But based on the current release notes exactly as I expected.. only FSD UI improvements..

Unfortunately no actual improvements related to driving
No multipoint nav, no additional driver assist feature, still a dumb auto park, no Smart Auto Park....

Pretty useless release....

but but but flashy gimmicks and gaaaaaaaames