Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not surprising, because your Charging settings are based on location, so it would have to have stored that information

Could be stored in the car too, we don't know at this point. Does the car remember your charge settings (or charge history) for locations without 3G coverage?

- - - Updated - - -

1.33.43.... Funny to see charge history showing Palo Alto, CA.

Does every car have Fremont, CA in the charge history? I suppose the battery pack might be charged prior to installation in the car so it's not necessarily the first charge location.

Got my update "clock" this AM and started the update 15 minutes ago. How long are others noting for the 4.5 update? Seems like my other updates have all been in the 30-45 minute range.

Done. Couldn't have been more than 15 minutes. All references to Rated vs Ideal are gone. But the App continues to use the Standard or Max Range nomenclature. Assume an App update is forthcoming. But I suppose it will have to wait until most everyone has gone to 4.5.

Last edited:
Are you saying it doesn't tell you your rated miles remaining on the dashboard anymore?
Actually, I just went out for my first ride since the update, and it does still say "Rated Range" on screen where it did before. But right after the update, it just showed the miles, with no nomenclature. And the Rated/Ideal switch is still available in the Settings area.

Firmware 4.5: Display fonts

Would someone who already has 4.5 please report if they added larger fonts for the upper banner on the main screen and the lower banner on the dash screen? The ones with the time and temperature.

Thanks,
RNG

4.5 Change in dash power-draw reading, no whine during acceleration

I have 60 kWh Model S.

Since the 4.5 patch I noticed two things:

The dashboard "kw" power draw indicator used to go 160 to 320. Now it goes from 160 to 240.

I also noticed that during hard acceleration, I don't hear a whine anymore (like the air coming out of a balloon).

I'm not sure if this is because Tesla lowered the maximum output (which would affect my acceleration), or some other tweak.

Has anyone else noticed these changes?

Back on topic, I received word this morning that the 4.5 rollout was halted but will likely resume soon. Take it with your standard grain of salt...

As a point of reference I just went to retrieve something from my car and I had the update scheduled (on 4.4 now). I don't know when it first appeared since I've been out of town this week. Scheduled for later this evening.