Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 4.5

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still on 4.4
Same here - still on 4.4 and never even presented an option of installing any flavor of 4.5. Really beginning to wonder why. Again, I'm in no hurry cuz 4.4 has been rock solid for me. The car came with it and I havent had any issues since my delivery 3 months ago. I've only needed to reboot once and that was because the 3G connection seemed to get hung.

I just wonder if there's a reason why I havent received any of the updates to install.

Sounds to me like early 4.5 releases had some problems to work out. They are probably patching those on buggy 4.5 versions as a priority before moving on to unaffected 4.5 owners.

Be thankful you weren't a beta tester. :D
Oh trust me, even if I was prompted to install it tonite (assuming only .59 is getting pushed now), I wouldn't. I'm not going to upgrade til I feel quite confident it's been in the wild without any significant issues. With a wife, 2 kids under 3 and an elderly m-i-l, I'm not risking any issues in the PHX heat.

Now, if I was single, and didn't have those attachments, I'd be a fearless early adopter on the bleeding edge :)

Oh trust me, even if I was prompted to install it tonite (assuming only .59 is getting pushed now), I wouldn't. I'm not going to upgrade til I feel quite confident it's been in the wild without any significant issues. With a wife, 2 kids under 3 and an elderly m-i-l, I'm not risking any issues in the PHX heat.

Now, if I was single, and didn't have those attachments, I'd be a fearless early adopter on the bleeding edge :)

I think update anxiety is getting out of hand. I've had 4 updates in 6 months with nary an issue, and I've only heard of one disabling issue, when some IL owners couldn't charge. Other than that, most issues seem to me minor, such as a louder fan. Anyone worried should certainly wait. But if a new version is reported in this forum and attracts no major issues in a week or two, even the most conservative should feel comfortable updating. AND owners should not get frustrated if they do not receive a new release immediately. Gradual rollout is a good thing. . Drive, enjoy!

I installed .59 two days ago. Display fan noise is gone when the car is idle. Back to that "sound studio" quiet again :biggrin: Is the audio system louder now or am I just imagining it because the ambient noise is lower??? As a guy who still likes to sit in his car and crank the tunes from time to time, the Model S rules supreme.

I like the fact that the dash now shows charging information all the time in nice large characters.

But I also noticed something strange. When I plugged in the car to charge this morning it should have locked itself. Yet when I went back out to test something on the car, on impulse I pressed the door handle and the car unlocked.

One time after I received .59 firmware I unplugged the J1772 connector and the car did not release the charge port lock so I could remove the adapter. I wanted to test this today but it acted just as in the past. You push the release on the J1772, the ring turns light blue and the port unlocks.

I also noticed that when I unplugged the first time and then plugged back in the dash went dark and stayed dark. Then after unplugging and plugging in a third time, the dash lit up and stayed on. And the car stayed locked.

Anyone else notice anything or am I just confused?

And finally, the car would not auto unlock when I first walked up to it this morning. I had to press the fob. Maybe that is why it stayed unlocked.

I think I've found a minor regression in the media app. In the past (pre-4.5), when playing from a USB pen drive, switching back to the "browse" tab showed you where you'd left of browsing before. Now it just resets to the base of the pen drive content. This is pretty annoying since the "Now Playing" tab doesn't tell me what track I'm on or how many are left.

I think I've found a minor regression in the media app. In the past (pre-4.5), when playing from a USB pen drive, switching back to the "browse" tab showed you where you'd left of browsing before. Now it just resets to the base of the pen drive content. This is pretty annoying since the "Now Playing" tab doesn't tell me what track I'm on or how many are left.

I noticed that as well, but wasn't sure if it was like that in previous versions. I definitely think when switching back to the browse tab it should be set to either the current track, or wherever you left it when you were last on the Browse screen (actually I prefer the latter).

Interesting--today I dropped my S85 off at the Fremont service center to have a few items addressed. Service writer checked my firmware version (v. 4.4) and commented that it was a really old version, and was surprised that I did not have any v. 4.5 installed. He asked if I had 3G service at my home, which I do. He was sort of mystified as to why the factory was not pushing out updates faster. They will of course update firmware during my service visit.