Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.12

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In general, while reporting here is useful and while at times we seem to be able to tell that Tesla is reading the forums, I strongly suggest to always report such issues to ownership or a service center. They are tracking all this extremely well and tend to respond reasonably quickly when they get from enough owners.

same here. they upgraded me to 5.12 at the service center 2 weeks ago and now the app barely works. it will think and try to wake up the car forever and never connect. i tried again today while at home in Wifi and it did finally get connected, but only briefly. when i tried again an hour later from home it just wouldn't connect.

At this point, if you are a user of the phone apps (or VisibleTesla or similar tools) to remote access your car, I think you should politely decline updates / ask the SC not to upgrade you if your car needs to go in for service.
That's what I'll do when I take my car to the SC next week - I really would hate to lose the ability to turn on the AC while still in the office...

At this point, if you are a user of the phone apps (or VisibleTesla or similar tools) to remote access your car, I think you should politely decline updates / ask the SC not to upgrade you if your car needs to go in for service.
That's what I'll do when I take my car to the SC next week - I really would hate to lose the ability to turn on the AC while still in the office...

I think its a bit excessive, I am a heavy user of VisibleTesla and iPhone app and I have no issue with remote access at all. BUT I have Sleep mode off and never really used it, I don't care about losing 2 miles per day. In the other hand, if one want to use sleep mode then I agree that the app should be able to wake the car in a reasonable delay.

I've been on 5.12 for 10 days now. No issue with the mobile app or VisibleTesla for monitoring during our road trip... We're 1500+ miles so far!

I did have issues with 5.11 where the app would not wake the car from sleep at all times.

I have had 3 bugs show up on 5.12:
- nav blue line not always showing, in particular on very long routes. Happened 3x so far.
- newly used charging locations not showing in map or list. Reboot solves.
- center screen was off one time when we got back to the car once. Rebooted it, it came back in, then immediately crashed and rebooted. Has been fine since...

I've been on 5.12 for 10 days now. No issue with the mobile app or VisibleTesla for monitoring during our road trip... We're 1500+ miles so far!

I did have issues with 5.11 where the app would not wake the car from sleep at all times.

I have had 3 bugs show up on 5.12:
- nav blue line not always showing, in particular on very long routes. Happened 3x so far.
- newly used charging locations not showing in map or list. Reboot solves.
- center screen was off one time when we got back to the car once. Rebooted it, it came back in, then immediately crashed and rebooted. Has been fine since...

What dot Release of 5.12 do you have? And I'm assuming you have your car sleeping, yet are still not having any connectivity issues from the mobile app/VT?

I think its a bit excessive, I am a heavy user of VisibleTesla and iPhone app and I have no issue with remote access at all. BUT I have Sleep mode off and never really used it, I don't care about losing 2 miles per day. In the other hand, if one want to use sleep mode then I agree that the app should be able to wake the car in a reasonable delay.
I lose a few miles a day with sleep mode on and without using the app for long periods of time (days, sometimes weeks)... I'm wondering how much sleep mode really saves?

The Media App hangs sometimes and I need to reset the MCU in order to revive. It won't respond to play/pause/skip or changing source.

After such reset, I loose Tone Control setting (bass, mid, trebble).

Anyone else see this?

Not sure when/if you did the math. Sleep mode makes vampire loss negligible (maybe a few miles per day). However, with sleep mode off, loss is closer to 10 miles per day. If you are only losing 2 miles per day with sleep mode off, then there's something very special about your car.

PS, I've never, ever before had a moment's hesitation about taking a new release... but this gives me pause. Think I'll wait until it's fixed and hope I don't get sent 5.12.

Not sure when/if you did the math. Sleep mode makes vampire loss negligible (maybe a few miles per day). However, with sleep mode off, loss is closer to 10 miles per day. If you are only losing 2 miles per day with sleep mode off, then there's something very special about your car.

PS, I've never, ever before had a moment's hesitation about taking a new release... but this gives me pause. Think I'll wait until it's fixed and hope I don't get sent 5.12.

Or maybe something wrong with your 12V battery that need recharging a lot. I lose 2km per 12h period. So 4-5 km per 24h. 5km is 3.1mi. I'm not living in a dream, my 80% charge gives me 334.9 km (dash shows 335km, VisibleTesla has more precision than the dash) these days (I charge after work at home at about 6pm) and in the morning the dash always shows 333km. Even worse, VisibleTesla runs 24/7 and is on "stay awake"...

. You may want to wait for 6.0....maybe that will fix it....hopefully out soon?

Or maybe something wrong with your 12V battery that need recharging a lot. I lose 2km per 12h period. So 4-5 km per 24h. 5km is 3.1mi. I'm not living in a dream, my 80% charge gives me 334.9 km (dash shows 335km, VisibleTesla has more precision than the dash) these days (I charge after work at home at about 6pm) and in the morning the dash always shows 333km. Even worse, VisibleTesla runs 24/7 and is on "stay awake"...
. You are fortunate. I would lose a minimum of 6 miles to a max of 10 miles overnight.