Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.5 in EU Spec Cars...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you show us what the exterior looks like?
Sorry did not take any external pictures. They look identical to the US models except for a few parts.
The difference is the nosecone is new, with integrated EU plate bracket, fog and led pipe is just black plastic and the chargeport has no led ring to make space for the Mennekes Type 2 socket.

These are not my pictures, but a few photos taken by other at Elbilforum.no
20130717_165710_resized.jpg
20130717_170025_resized.jpg
20130717_170138_resized.jpg
20130717_171506_resized.jpg
D70_5021_zpse561fc9f.jpg
D70_5022_zpsa6fda807.jpg
D70_5025_zps8fd4d64f.jpg
D70_5028_zpsb89f7cb4.jpg
D70_5036_zps621cee2e.jpg
D70_5041_zps28060234.jpg
D70_5042_zps0468bcdf.jpg
D70_5043_zps0beda368.jpg
D70_5045_zpsf5173a5a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I second that. As in: Are the sensors visible or invisible?
The sensors are visible, more visible on red than on black and grey.

Why should the parking sensor option be more expensive in the US, when all other prices and options are far more expensive in the EU???
Coming from the current relation US pricing/EU pricing the parking sensors (500 Euro) should be around 400 to 500 USD.

Pricing rarely has to do with how much something costs, but is more about how much the customer is willing to pay.

Thanks for sharing. Having had the front bumper of our S already experience a close encounter with a parking post, the parking sensor integration looks great. The winter package also looks awesome

I've never been interested in parking sensors, but after scraping my left rear bumper recently, and seeing these pix . . . ugh, I may have to rethink this. If they offer it as an add-on for existing cars, I mean. Hmm.

I've never been interested in parking sensors, but after scraping my left rear bumper recently, and seeing these pix . . . ugh, I may have to rethink this. If they offer it as an add-on for existing cars, I mean. Hmm.

I have ordered the parking sensors, but I'd rather have Around-View cameras like the Leaf if I could choose. One front camera and one underneath each mirror in addition to the rear one would be very useful for stuff like avoiding curbs.

I have ordered the parking sensors, but I'd rather have Around-View cameras like the Leaf if I could choose. One front camera and one underneath each mirror in addition to the rear one would be very useful for stuff like avoiding curbs.

I'd be thrilled with an integrated front camera (I can see well enough on sides, especially with auto-tilt-in-revderse mirrors) and might even like it more than sensors. I haven't heard anything like that coming up, though. ;-(

Elon Musk mentioned in his talk in Norway sleep mode would be functional when deliveries start in Europe. Any news on that matter?

It sounds like there won't be a sleep mode (as I suspected, because it's kind of a kludgy workaround). Instead they are working to reduce the vampire drain in each software release. We probably won't find out whether 5.5 is a big improvement until people get their cars.