Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't read this entire beast of a thread, but does anyone else think that the map became harder to read in 5.x? Just upgraded from 4.5 and have to squint to see anything, regardless of zoom level.

No, it's massively easier to read than 4.5, especially at night. Previously I couldn't see the side streets at night - they were way too low contrast.

Tip: Set the text size to 2X in the settings/apps screen. Then it's quite legible.

No, it's massively easier to read than 4.5, especially at night. Previously I couldn't see the side streets at night - they were way too low contrast.

Tip: Set the text size to 2X in the settings/apps screen. Then it's quite legible.

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant by "zoom level". Brain fart...

Didn't think 2x made much of a difference, but I'll try it again. Also thought the traffic status was harder to read, especially on the night time version. Maybe it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I just updated to ...

20131212_071202.jpg

Oohh a sig with .30.

I would try four things:

1) See if suspension lowering still happens at >97.5mph speeds

If that changed I would expect one of 2 things. Either they disabled it completely now, or they fixed the kph to mph unit conversion and the car now lowers correctly at 60 (albeit at a higher ground clearance level still....but ground clearance heights would be another thing to check)

2) since your a sig and limited to 90kWh supercharging, go to a supercharger when low and see if 120kWh now works for you guys.

3) as mentioned in #1, check ground clearance levels at all suspension heights

4) check the supercharger list in the navigation to see if there are any new ones that aren't announced yet