Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the resets. I am quite certain that in my car, cancelling cruise control results in a less jarring speed reduction than before 5.8. To be clear, I am pleased with the current performance (regen set to standard) and am able to see and feel the regen at work. Maybe something else has changed to make the cruise control release more smoothly?

What happened to the lights on the car that shows up when pressing the "T"? Shown anywhere else?
I think I'm losing it - I was one of the loudest complaining of the rgen reduction, but mine came back without the reboot. Someone suggested mass hysteria; maybe so.

I am quite certain that in my car, cancelling cruise control results in a less jarring speed reduction than before 5.8. To be clear, I am pleased with the current performance (regen set to standard) and am able to see and feel the regen at work. Maybe something else has changed to make the cruise control release more smoothly?

I've noticed this too, and I like it. It's a little tricky to "catch" the power output by putting your foot on the accelerator when releasing cruise. This gives me just a half-second or so longer to find the right throttle position to let me decelerate slowly.

Also I discovered a new feature that I really like. If you increase your speed (via the accelerator), then disengage cruise and re-engage it before letting off the accelerator, it will decelerate slowly back down to the set speed. It seems almost like it's temporarily using the "Low" regen setting, which has the benefit of not turning on the brake lights. I'd actually like to see this behavior without having to disengage/re-engage, and I hope that's their intention long term. Perhaps this implementation was erroneous/incomplete.

I went from 4.5 to 5.8 in one step, so I can't tell when exactly it was introduced. Perhaps this was mentioned in a previous thread.

I have noticed no change to regen, acceleration, or steering, after installing 5.8. Regen behaves exactly as before, however I have not yet tried it under cruise control conditions. But letting off the accelerator yields exactly the same regen feel as 4.5, the version from which I upgraded.

Just to add a data point to the discussion, car is brand new, delivered 1 week ago on 5.8 and in 18C (64F) garage. The rated miles I leave the car in the evening stay exactly the same in the morning, absolutely no loss during the night. I usually leave the car unplugged during the night. Sleep mode seems to work very well, every time I try to connect via the app it needs to wake-up the car.

I have noticed no change to regen, acceleration, or steering, after installing 5.8. Regen behaves exactly as before, however I have not yet tried it under cruise control conditions. But letting off the accelerator yields exactly the same regen feel as 4.5, the version from which I upgraded.

I totally agree that full regen feel is still there. The only time I notice a difference is for a very brief period just after cancelling cruise control (at speed).

Hi, newbie question even though I've been driving my S since August 7,

How do you pre-warm the pack/car?

Thanks,
Alan

If you don't pre warm the pack (plugged in), you'll loose it when the car has to do it as you drive.

During this cold weather, if mine is plugged in, and I pre-warm the car 20 min before taking off, the rated range holds and stays true to my actual 30 mile commute.

You have the only MS that does not lose power.

I just got my MS as well. Last night I did a standard level charge test in the evening, then left in unplugged and sleeping overnight in a 38 deg F garage. The result, 1 mile of rated range loss over an 8 hour period. So not exactly zero but close. My firmware version is 5.8 (1.49.25)

85 | Black | Dual Chargers + HPWC | Tech + Folding Mirrors | Air | Sub Zero
Reserved: 9/15, Confirmed 9/24, Production 11/22, Delivered 11/29 || Xpel Ultimate | 30/30/15% Precision 30 Tint