Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got 5.9 from the SC yesterday. No unusual behavior, but I have coils so would be immune to the pump/leveling changes others have noted.

So if it has been halted, SCs aren't afraid of installing it anyway.
I asked the SC staff this morning. It's not halted. They investigated the random reboots, found them to be related to the navigation software and figured that things can be reset remotely. They are working on an actual fix in a minor update but are continuing the roll-out both in service centers and OTA.

I asked the SC staff this morning. It's not halted.

As usual, it depends who you ask, because my service center said it was. I suspect OTA updates were halted, but service centers have still been installing at service centers.

The way I see it, if there are no reports of OTA updates here at TMC for a few days, it's probably been halted. I haven't seen any that were over the air until FlasherZ just posted...so I suspect Palo Alto halted them until this morning, and now the .92 flavor is the fresh one with the nav fix.

And yes, FlasherZ seems to be in the magical "update me in the first batch" club... :mad: (I don't hate you FlasherZ...it's pure jealousy).

Well I have 5.8.8 and every time I exit the car within a few minutes the suspension adjusts itself. I'm guessing with 5.9 it's just doing it faster after you exit and hence you've now started to notice (previously you probably just walked away and didn't hear when it did). The reason I've noticed is firstly that this has been discussed here and secondly I've recently had more stuff to do around the car after I park it and connect the charger so I've noticed that it's doing it consistently. Also at times it's doing it while I've just exited the car, but that's usually if I was carrying something more (i.e. groceries) and have unloaded it, then it auto-adjusts immediately.

Downloads themselves haven't been halted. Mine is in service right now and they said they're downloading the new firmware (I'll post the number when I get it back in about an hour). I told the service personnel that some were surmising that downloading of the firmware had been halted, but he said that it's just that some are experiencing difficulties doing it OTA but that they have no problem downloading via their laptops at the service center.

Had 5.9 (1.51.88) installed at the Scottsdale SC yesterday. I noticed on Visible Tesla that my charging mph on my 14-50 is now 28.8. Was around 26 before I believe.

My car was in the Palo Alto service center to try to figure out why my car was having a tough time waking up from sleep once or twice a week which was requiring a manual reboot. They installed 1.51.88. They thought that the reason my car wasn't waking up because the cache on the web browser wasn't clearing and it was essentially overloading. 5.9 should fix that.

5.9 seems to have lowered the max charge on 40 Kwh cars to 68% per VisibleTesla. I've since loooked at the car and it appears to be the same. I'm fairly certain it was 72% before although the rated range is now up around 136/137 instead of the 126 I was getting with 5.8.x. I've also noticed the car seems to wake up from sleep much faster but it may also be that it's just not in as deep a sleep. I'll have to monitor the vampire loss.
again, I think that they shifted the 0% reporting point. It probably is charging to the same amount, but it reports it as a lower percentage to everything (visible tesla, rest, dash battery icon). Then , because the algorithm has been fixed, some of the below zero miles has been moved above 0.

The biggest end result is that 0 miles remaining went from showing 20% or so left to 0%. Some of that 20% was lost when the algorithm was fixed! and the rest was lost when they changed how it reports battery SOC %

.... And everyone was saying something was wrong that my car was "sitting" after getting out....