Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 5.9

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also has .88 installed last week when I went in for my annual. This morning had the pop up to update & just checked it on VisibleTesla & .94 was installed. Will see if there is any changes when I get home tonight.

Same here. I came in the thread looking for reports of issues with the .94 update to make sure that I didn't loose auto-lowering again or something along those lines. :)

On .88 I was having issues with my maps not refreshing once I lost a good 3G signal. The maps would, at best, stop refreshing and I would loose traffic and street names and, at worst, freeze and become non-responsive. Both required a reboot or getting out of the car and getting back in. I am hoping that .94 address this issue.

So I've been on .88 for just over a week (got over the air via 3G), and last night, got .94 over wifi. Presumably they are now pushing out .94. I didn't have any problems under .88, so hard for me to see if it is better or not.

Suggestion to mods: I know it would be work and may take a while for compliance to set in, but I would love to see this and future software update threads divided in 2: 5.9 FEATURE DISCUSSION and 5.9 GOT IT / DIDN'T GET IT YET

I really like getting all of the discussion on features, possible issues, resolutions, etc. I really dislike wading through all of the release anxiety stuff, as well as the detailed reports from people as to how/when it downloaded/updated.

Personally, I would not subscribe to the latter, but I know some people like to see evidence rollout is continuing or not, and postulate as to why sequence appears random.

Appreciate that mods do a lot of under-appreciated work, happy to help if you need it.

Today I received the car from service with 5.9 installed (.94). I love all of the additions. I also noticed that the positions of the side view mirrors is no longer stored in the profiles, at least the mirrors do not note anymore. In addition, my main concern is that every time I charge after about 20 min I have fluctuations in the voltage that causes the car to reduce charging from 40 to 30A. Every time! Hopefully once the replacement of the charge adaptors is completed they will release and update that is less sensitive to voltage fluctuations.

The nutshell version of my earlier post: Disable auto-tilt, reboot, the center console, then re-enable & re-set your mirror positions (while in park & reverse).

That fixed it for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I had the update avail yesterday morning, and I installed it after I got home.

So far, I like the changes. The only thing I don't like is the larger font for the odometer and time on the dash -- it's way too big now and almost cartoonish. I understand the requests to make it larger, but they need to do some fine tuning to make the fonts match others used on the dash -- either go slightly smaller or keep the same size and ditch the bold...

Agreed. Does it seem like the bottom "horizon" panel below the speedo that contains the odomter/date/time is now also larger to contain the newer larger font sizes?

I wonder if a global configuration setting of "Small/Large Fonts" in the vehicle settings menu (similar to that for maps) that affects a number of places (such as those text items at the top of the center console) would be useful.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed... I had already called them and they were going to see what they could do.... I had another patch explicitly targeted for my VIN previously, so it will be interesting to see if they can update the equipment configuration file remotely as well...

To close this out: they fixed it with a configuration update over-the-air while I was at work. Slick.

To close this out: they fixed it with a configuration update over-the-air while I was at work. Slick.

I had 5.9 waiting for me yesterday morning, but didn't have a chance to install it tip last night. Haven't checked my car yet. But since I had the fog lights retrofitted, Im expecting the same as you had. Thanks for letting me know to look for it and for info on how it was resolved!

I lost zero miles last night, loving 5.9

Last night
2ymahugu.jpg

This am
a6y7u9yr.jpg

I wonder if a global configuration setting of "Small/Large Fonts" in the vehicle settings menu (similar to that for maps) that affects a number of places (such as those text items at the top of the center console) would be useful.

I was thinking the same thing... And it should consistently use the same font and relative sizes. As it stands now, the time/temp/odo row on the dash is the 3rd largest font size -- after the speedo and battery. I don't mind it being larger than it was -- but it should be the same size as other items on the screen -- in particular the title row on the Trip Meter is a nice large font, but its not bold and doesn't look cartoonish. Keep things consistent...

We have pretty solid evidence that they are in fact looking through the forums. And we also have solid evidence that they can tell what's what. So I wouldn't worry about it.

I can confirm this. Took my car in to get the Tank Mode titanium shield installed, and the service guy emailed me back after confirming the appointment, mentioning that "we've noticed you've had some concerns about the loud hum at over 70mph" which is something I posted here a few days before. Who needs the NSA when Tesla does such a good job monitoring my forum posts :)

Charged to 100% before I went to bed, woke up 7 hours later with 94%. Hopefully Tesla won't ever use Apple's batteries.

6% battery drain over 7 hours, is pretty good for a smart phone with 4 bars reception and wifi running.

I wish my Model S used that little power in sleep mode. The iPhone 5 has a 5.45 Wh battery, so 6% that is just 0.327Wh used in 7 hours. A Model S loosing 1 mile of range in 7 hours (pretty typical) is approximately 290Wh, so almost 886x as much energy.

I was thinking the same thing... And it should consistently use the same font and relative sizes. As it stands now, the time/temp/odo row on the dash is the 3rd largest font size -- after the speedo and battery. I don't mind it being larger than it was -- but it should be the same size as other items on the screen -- in particular the title row on the Trip Meter is a nice large font, but its not bold and doesn't look cartoonish. Keep things consistent...

Yeah, I posted on this 2 weeks ago when I installed, but will re-iterate: ghost of Steve Jobs would roll over at all of the different sized and bolded fonts on dash now. I like larger for my eyes, but they need to rationalize down to 2 or max 3 font variants across ALL of the dash, including all of the options you can display left and right. Right now it looks like a dog's breakfast.