Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went out and tried mine, and it was linear.

Thanks. I wonder what's going on with mine? Still opens and closes, but just with the little "slam" at the final 6" point. Kind of like one might do manually closing a hatch. I'm not going to worry about it unless it starts failing to latch or something. I just had assumed it might be a software "tweak" to help cars that weren't latching properly. They did something akin to this with the pano roof open/close process a while back.

No. That just means that many official builds. Could be same bug and many attempts to fix it or many many bugs and a few builds with many bugs fixed in each. Or my favorite, the QA blocker bugs that don't go away. Tears up the engineer when that happens!

I'll have to the my brakes that way too! Who knows, it might just happen on certain cars you know. 

The software upgrade awd is only for people with B battery packs. Sorry A people. Screwed again. Owners with C & D packs get 1 year added to their lives. damn tesla. If only I had a C.

Thanks. I wonder what's going on with mine? Still opens and closes, but just with the little "slam" at the final 6" point. Kind of like one might do manually closing a hatch. I'm not going to worry about it unless it starts failing to latch or something. I just had assumed it might be a software "tweak" to help cars that weren't latching properly. They did something akin to this with the pano roof open/close process a while back.

Seems odd. I tested mine and it, too, is working as it always did, that is to say in a linear fashion. Probably not worth making a trip to the service center for, but I think it'd be something I'd bring up next time my car is in if I were you just because it's a bit of weird behavior and they might like to know about it.

Rec'd 1.67.28 Wednesday, and since then I can't get through about 2-3 Slacker songs without horrible stuttering, usually early in a song, then it goes back to the start of the song and it finishes fine.

I've rebooted multiple times with no change.

Anyone else?

The issues with Slacker are almost always network related and have nothing to do with Tesla's updates.

"Model S door handles are now more responsive."

Does this mean the door handles show themselves earlier when you approach the car? Or is it just easier to open the door?

Easier to open. There was a small time window when the handles are out that they resisted pulling. It would work after a second, or with another double-click of the remote. This "feature" seems to be gone with V6.

If you manually open the hatch 6" does it hold there. Almost sounds like you have bad hatch shocks but these shouldn't nornally fail for another 6-8 years.

Lots of folks have gotten this update. Rolled out pretty fast. Most went through .28 first though. I've heard that it may support the new hardware that 5.14 was for.

I got my second 6.0 update (1.67.28) about 2 weeks after the first update (1.65.15) just prior to the D announcement on Friday - coincidence [I think not]. I got hopeful that the "something else" was hidden in this update, but after a few days I found no surprises.

Is anyone else suspicious of the fast rollout? If it weren't for the D announcement (and this thread!) I was thinking of the 5.8 push that took away active air suspension.

I got .42 Friday. Have not had any problems with any version. I did go directly from 5.9 to 6.0 so probably avoided a lot of issues others have had. I love the sleep function of 6.0. I get very fast access all day and minimal loss at night. Best of both worlds.

In Hong Kong, since so many features aren't allowed or available, we still don't have 6.0 (they need to cripple it first, and it seems it's not a super high priority).

One feature I am looking for is to be able to control the regen setting from the steering wheel, as I often change between NORMAL and LOW several times on a typical trip. An example is on the expressway, where I would use low regen for comfort and energy savings. Exiting the expressway, or hitting traffic, I would like to switch to NORMAL regen, without having to click multiple places on the screen - as it takes attention away from the road, as well as hides maps and camera.

It's a dead simple toggle function, so I hope it will be available as such - instant toggling.

Anyone with 6.0 who knows if this is possible?

I just installed 1.67.42 last night (upgraded from 1.65.15) and today I noticed my trunk closes more firmly at the very end, just like yours. No problem as far as I can tell, just noticeably different. If I close it manually, there's no difference in feel, but if I press the button on the hatch itself or use the touchscreen to close it, there's definitely more of a "slam" immediately before the motorized latching sound. I have periodic maintenance coming up in a couple weeks, so I might ask about it while I'm there, but I'm guessing it's working as expected.