Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.1 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WoooHoooo! Next month Tesla time?? Let's compute that into real-person time....Should have it around summer solstice, right?
Never learn on dates do they? But let's keep in mind most missed dates from EM. JB's January quote for torque sleep missed by a day or two, so he may be more accurate. Wait and see...

PS: I theorize that 6.2 and maybe even 6.3 will be pretty rapid because they are all features intended for a giant 6.0. If you recall, EM set huge expectations for 6,0 and we were underwhelmed. Then 6.1 came out with some really good stuff.

Last edited:
Hopefully we'll finally get Valet mode. Not that I use valets at all, but sometimes it's unavoidable.

I hope the Valet Mode includes a way to lock the "Remote Access" feature. That would be the first thing an unscrupulous valet would turn off. I also hate it that Tesla Service turns it off when the car is in the shop. Sure, I get the don't want us honking horns and flashing lights while they're working on the car, so simply separate the remote control functions from the geolocation functions.

I hope the Valet Mode includes a way to lock the "Remote Access" feature. That would be the first thing an unscrupulous valet would turn off. I also hate it that Tesla Service turns it off when the car is in the shop. Sure, I get the don't want us honking horns and flashing lights while they're working on the car, so simply separate the remote control functions from the geolocation functions.

My car was in the shop for 6 days last week and the remote access remained on the entire time, and my dash cam was not unplugged. Perhaps a change in policy?

Edit......

Just checked the dash cam and found it unplugged.

Last edited:
My car was in the shop for 6 days last week and the remote access remained on the entire time, and my dash cam was not unplugged. Perhaps a change in policy?

Hit and miss. One time my dash cam was on the whole time, but lately I can see when they disconnect and re-connect it. Same with remote access. Last week it was on for about half the day. I could see the car with the frunk, trunk and pano roof all opened and the car charging. Later that day it was off as if someone forgot and remembered later.

CarPlay, Waze, and APIs plus "we found another 100 foot/pound of torque and 30 wh/mi in the drivetrain". I never let valet near my car.

Like I said, sometimes you can not avoid it. Twice recently I went to wedding receptions where it was 100% valet.. there was no option to self park. Luckily once it was a small-ish venue and they parked the car right in front, so it was always visible.

Like I said, sometimes you can not avoid it. Twice recently I went to wedding receptions where it was 100% valet.. there was no option to self park. Luckily once it was a small-ish venue and they parked the car right in front, so it was always visible.

I've never found a situation where a valet would not take $20 to let me park and retrieve my own car. And, as you said, usually they're happy to put it right in front - especially if you washed it recently!:rolleyes:

Hopefully we'll finally get Valet mode. Not that I use valets at all, but sometimes it's unavoidable.
Agreed. It's one thing to be able to monitor the valets' actions in real time using the phone app, but being able to "limit" what they can do is important to me too. I'd be much more likely to use valet service more often with some protection from potential abuse. With the flexibility of the Tesla's systems and software control, there is a long list (as discussed on the forum) of possible "valet mode" features.