Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? I did not know that. I assumed that TACC only used the radar system.

Yes, I was there at TMC for the engineer panel too and that's what was covered. They also showed us a 3D simulation on screen on what the autopilot "sees" vs. what we see. The clip played for about a minute and was in a highway 4-lane environment. It showed vehicles merging in front of the Tesla in the camera view in the left pane and a synchronized 3D simulation to the right that was very accurate--as in, it makes sense to the human brain what was going on. The trick is getting a computer to understand what we see in that right-hand side screen.

- K

Hopefully these small patch releases are closing security holes. Next month several 0-day flaws will be released whether Tesla has patched them or not: DEF CON 23 Hacking Conference - Speakers. I hope Tesla has been hard at work on these.

Yeah. I've been waiting for someone to post this here (or is there already a thread?). Have they revealed the vulnerabilities to Tesla?

Purely speculation on my part, but I have been wondering about the overlap days where some cars are getting one release while others are starting to get another (and a few examples of real stragglers that are weeks behind).

My speculation is that when it is your car's turn, Tesla starts queues up the latest release available at the time. However, you don't get notified about this until the update has been downloaded to the car, which can depend on various factors including your connectivity. And then there is the lag until you decide to install the update and the car has whatever connectivity it wants/needs to accomplish this. Thus a later release could be pushed to (and installed on) someone else's car before the release finishes loading to your car and you install it. Thus we see a tail on one release as it finishes getting pushed out while the next release is ramping up.

However, I remain baffled by the logic governing who gets which release. After being on .236 for about six weeks, I got .249 last week and then got .251 this week, exactly 7 days later. I haven't seen any evidence of anything disastrously wrong in .249 (in my experience or reported on the forum) needing a fix PDQ.

Has the Cruise Control feature to cruise at X amount of miles above or below speed limit been added. Yesterday was upgraded to 251 and I think something changed in the speed settings, but not sure of that is it. We were out of the country for 10 days so don't know if this came in this past update or another recent update. Havent tried that setting and it wasn't clear if that is what it is anyway. Is there a log of known changes by build number somewhere?

Has the Cruise Control feature to cruise at X amount of miles above or below speed limit been added. Yesterday was upgraded to 251 and I think something changed in the speed settings, but not sure of that is it. We were out of the country for 10 days so don't know if this came in this past update or another recent update. Havent tried that setting and it wasn't clear if that is what it is anyway. Is there a log of known changes by build number somewhere?

Speed assist has allowed you to set it to show the speed limit as offset from what it actually is. This also allows you to do a long pull on the cruise stalk and have the cruise adjust to whatever the speed assist is showing. That's been there basically since day one with autopilot cars.