Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know about releases before 6.1, but this new 2.5.21 build is also the first build that's less than 100. All other builds (except that oddball 101.x series) always started in the low 100's.

See my post above that touches on the first 6.0 build:

Agreed. I'd be willing to bet that every build that Tesla compiles with any change or bug fix increments the release number.
So when a major new release comes out, it has already gone through many many iterations that were only seen internally (or to early access customers).
That's probably why we see very high numbers on the first public-ready builds, such as 2.0.76 (first 6.0 build), 2.2.113 (first 6.1 build), and 2.4.124 (first 6.2 build).

Crazy storm woke us up here. As power went out, I got a notification that there was a sw update. Wondering if it was just triggered by the storm or something, I went down to check and sure enough there's an update.

Installing now but I'll check in the AM

I got a firmware update notice today, upgrading right now... but I think I was already on 2.5.21 or whatever, with a minor upgrade a couple of weeks ago... here's hoping this is the big one !

edit: not a big one.. just same 6.2 2.5.21 everyone else is getting. Zero new in the "what's new" for this one, must be an emergency bug fix ?

Last edited:
I'm currently out of the country right now, and I got an alert on my iPad that a software update was completed, assuming 2.5.21 since I was already on the most recent. I'm really hoping for autopilot!! Could someone please keep us informed as to what 2.5.21 is doing (if noticeable).

I'm currently out of the country right now, and I got an alert on my iPad that a software update was completed, assuming 2.5.21 since I was already on the most recent. I'm really hoping for autopilot!! Could someone please keep us informed as to what 2.5.21 is doing (if noticeable).

Sorry, we're all going radio silence if we find that 2.5.21 has any noticeable difference. You won't read about it here. You'll just have to wait until you return and see for yourself.