Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, appreciate it. Finally saw a couple post a few pages back - hard to keep up with these pages at times. I'm just surprised to see another update really. I was really figuring that we had to be done until a large V7 update, but here we are again. Will listen in to see what it actually does in due time or if it fixes anything at all I'm aware of.

-T

Went back 2 pages before I posted, saw nothing of relevance or topic, so I posted a response to travwill.

Thanks, appreciate it. Finally saw a couple post a few pages back - hard to keep up with these pages at times.

FYI, you can increase the number of posts you can see on each page in your profile settings. I've recently switched to 40 from the default 10, and it has saved me a lot of loading time.

Also, if you've previously read a thread and there's a bunch of new posts you haven't read yet, you can click on the icon that looks like blue arrow pointing down. This will put you directly at the start of the thread's posts that are unread (you need to be logged in).
Oh and in case you're wondering, that blue arrow icon is located to the left of a thread's title when you're looking at a list of threads, either in your subscriptions or in a regular forum that lists all its threads.

Sorry, I can't. I'd love for free and open sharing of information, but not everyone monitoring this forum sees it that way unfortunately.

Still and all, the systems list above is very much appreciated - if only Tesla would include even that much information in their release notes, the we wouldn't have to wonder if driveability is affected.

For example, I noticed after last week's *.58 update that blind spot and collision avoidance sensors seemed more accurate and more sensitive, respectively. Now, who the (heck) knows, given the abject and total lack of release notes. My position is that I shouldn't have to guess, wonder, or consult a forum for the best guess of the day.

I totally agree. The reason I am posting this is because they won't tell us. Being an Engineer, I find it difficult to just "get in and go" without knowing what systems they've touched. At least now I (and you guys) know which core systems, so if something changes in regards it a certain system's behavior, we don't have to wonder if we are going crazy.

C'mon Tesla Engineers, would any of you feel comfortable with this many updates to YOUR car and not knowing what's going on? Of course it's probably not Engineering that elected to keep us in the dark.

I totally agree. The reason I am posting this is because they won't tell us. Being an Engineer, I find it difficult to just "get in and go" without knowing what systems they've touched. At least now I (and you guys) know which core systems, so if something changes in regards it a certain system's behavior, we don't have to wonder if we are going crazy.

C'mon Tesla Engineers, would any of you feel comfortable with this many updates to YOUR car and not knowing what's going on? Of course it's probably not Engineering that elected to keep us in the dark.

Totally agree with you. Thanks for sharing this with us. At least we know what might have changed.

Although there is a part of the population who will see a change and then attribute a perceived problem to an update and complain. I carpool with our IT guy and he sometimes put out reports of updates that don't happen or that update other systems than he really updated. And then counts the "Hey you messed with X and now X doesn't work because you did something." And he never touched X. Kind of like a social experiment. So Tesla saying they modified battery management might get complaints of less range, you must have messed something up.

Just a thought. I would still vote for more information than less.

Looks like 2.5.71 hit the following core systems:

Battery Management
Drive Inverter
Gateway
Thermal Controller

No Driver Assistance update this time, which is why it was faster than usual.

I received .71 yesterday. I have a late december P85D. I reset my trip B every time I receive a software update. On ~2800 miles of .36, I averaged exactly 300 wh/mi. My commute is 50 miles round trip (30 freeway / 10 major roads / 10 back-roads and hills) and is always ~280 wh/mi, (+/- ~10 wh/mi due to conditions) using Sport/Range. (Weekends are for fun, and push my average up.) I have limited data, but today was 251 wh/mi... and that seems abnormally low. Same route, same traffic, same settings, same weather/temp as yesterday, which came in at 272 wh/mi. I'm curious to see if this holds, or if anyone else has maybe noticed a difference introduced (perhaps w/ torque sleep?) somewhere between .36 and .71.

I received .71 yesterday. I have a late december P85D. I reset my trip B every time I receive a software update. On ~2800 miles of .36, I averaged exactly 300 wh/mi. My commute is 50 miles round trip (30 freeway / 10 major roads / 10 back-roads and hills) and is always ~280 wh/mi, (+/- ~10 wh/mi due to conditions) using Sport/Range. (Weekends are for fun, and push my average up.) I have limited data, but today was 251 wh/mi... and that seems abnormally low. Same route, same traffic, same settings, same weather/temp as yesterday, which came in at 272 wh/mi. I'm curious to see if this holds, or if anyone else has maybe noticed a difference introduced (perhaps w/ torque sleep?) somewhere between .36 and .71.

I'm still on .36, so can't comment on your specific question, but I did start a thread about a month ago, with some pretty solid data, indicating that at that time it seemed Tesla was still tweaking efficiency settings, based on the fact that my efficiency had improved from one firmware update to another. Here's that thread, if you're interested: My P85D's efficiency is still improving with firmware updates