Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Or it was deliberately released to a limited number of users as a beta test. The crazy stuff people are reporting with nav might warrant a rushed fix. QA? We don't need no stinking QA!

code_zpscp3wnwug.png

Just got 6.2 (2.4.168). "Insane mode is now more insane! Your car accelerates even faster when in insane mode, improving 0-to-60-mph performance in this mode from 3.2 seconds to 3.1 seconds. The accelerator pedal is also more responsive in insane mode."

Thanks Teslati folks. :)

IMG_2689.JPG

Just got 6.2 (2.4.168). "Insane mode is now more insane! Your car accelerates even faster when in insane mode, improving 0-to-60-mph performance in this mode from 3.2 seconds to 3.1 seconds. The accelerator pedal is also more responsive in insane mode."

Thanks Teslati folks. :)

View attachment 78322

Whoa is that a real screenshot?!? Can you take a shot of the release number please?

Yeah, seriously.

Guys, didn't drag times already get the Vbox number for an earlier version of 6.2 pegged at 3.1 s? So possibly this update will bring it sub 3 sec with the proper SOC?

I don't believe the release notes had mentioned an improvement in the 0-60 time before. This may just be the documentation for the improvement already seen in the earlier firmware version.

Documentation updates for 2hours? I believe there should be more to it, notice it says better throttle response as well.

You misunderstood me.

I think the current firmware update is a real update, with bug fixes and whatever else Tesla threw in, including possibly the stuff about more throttle response, since that has never been mentioned by anyone before or documented. My point was that just because Tesla was now documenting the increase from 3.2 to 3.1, we shouldn't expect 0-60 times faster than 3.1 because what was probably happening was they were just catching that part of the documentation up to the firmware update they had provided previously (in .136 and / or .153 I believe), which, according to many had already given us the 3.1 0-60 times.