Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seriously doubt if Tesla would ever pick someone who's very active here on TMC or on the 'official' forums to be a beta tester. The itch to share might be too strong. If we do have a beta tester in our midst, then, they're spending many a sleepless night resisting the urge to scratch the itch. :)

GG....looks like a 'non denial-denial'....How are you sleeping? :biggrin:

Back on topic...I suspect since TM suggests the 7.0 will be in the, I think we see general release about same time as first Sig delivery..,October ??

I do have one hunch about who might be a beta tester, but its just a wild-ass guess so I wouldn't throw it out there.

We know now who "deep throat" was in Watergate - wonder if 30 or 40 years from now we'll find out who the "Tesla auto-pilot beta testers" were? I would love to write a book about them. If any would like me to start the process please send me a PM. All info will be held in strictest confidence. Book will only be published after 2025, I promise. I need as many stories as possible so if you're reading this and you're a beta-tester please don't sit back and think someone else will fill me in - please do PM me immediately.

We know now who "deep throat" was in Watergate - wonder if 30 or 40 years from now we'll find out who the "Tesla auto-pilot beta testers" were? I would love to write a book about them. If any would like me to start the process please send me a PM. All info will be held in strictest confidence. Book will only be published after 2025, I promise. I need as many stories as possible so if you're reading this and you're a beta-tester please don't sit back and think someone else will fill me in - please do PM me immediately.

I'd imagine it takes a lot of guts to subject your beautiful, wonderful car to pre-release software that could put it into the guard rail if something went wrong. :)

Has anyone seen any video or talked to any EAP members that have used the lane keeping function. Kind of wishing that there was a leak that included information or video of how well or not this feature works.

Chatted with a Tesla employee in June who had driven a sizable distance with a beta 7.0 and his sole response was that it works amazingly well and is really cool. That was in general about the coming autopilot features. But then again, he's Tesla :-D and that was in June when he too expected the release to be no more than a month away with 7.0 betas on the move. Seems it might be taking longer and I too think it will launch together with X making it a bigger splash so we'll need to wait a few more weeks...