Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 Beta Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hmm... still dont see it, but then again the compression on that picture is so bad that I see blocks/squares all over the place:)

I had to use FireFox @ 300% or so to zoom in enough to see what they are talking about. It's hard to discern, but there is a slightly off-color black section there. Almost looks like a spec of dust in the photo if it were not for its placement.

I think I see what you are referring to. It looks to be about 10-12" off center on the passenger side, correct?
Interesting that Tesla decided to move the forward radar off center. I assume that is so it will be out of the way of wherever the front plate is mounted.

Yes, that looks exactly like the radar on my Model S except it's off center. I think they intended to have stereoscopic radar but it didn't make it, and so this specific build has a single radar instead of both. I expect them to correct it in final versions, but it's just a theory.

What you are referring to as off center radar on Elon's bumper may just be a reflection of what is standing in front of the bumper. There are similar gray reflections above, in different shapes but same color. The square is too small to be a radar and it's not present on any of the other vehicles.

What you are referring to as off center radar on Elon's bumper may just be a reflection of what is standing in front of the bumper. There are similar gray reflections above, in different shapes but same color. The square is too small to be a radar and it's not present on any of the other vehicles.
Martian detector. Only on his!

Another significant loss -- looks like the kWh "Since last charge" lost any detail after the decimal. Looks to be only whole integers now. This is madness run amok.

Yeah it would be a bummer if we lost the significant digit after the decimal. Would make it harder to have meaningful logging of trips... I hope Tesla's UI designers are still reading this thread and can make changes to the public 7.0 release!

I was hoping Tesla wasn't capable of releasing what I see as a dreadful 7.0 interface in the leaked state, with that clock :crying: and the loss of critical data like the instant power use front-and-center....but obviously it's happening. This video is another sign of that. Thanks for posting.

After seeing the Model X launch I found it easier to believe that it was possible as their judgement may not be quite what I felt it was.

Why would I need to see a picture of my car front and center even when autopilot isn't on. And that instead of vital car performance metrics? Sad.

It will be great to have more autopilot functionality, really looking forward to that, as well as TPM displays.