Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0 - For Classic Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woohoo!! Will do some butt-dyno runs when it's done!
db63938953481018ceed2ba75064f64f.jpg

Funny enough when the update started it un paused my music and put it at full volume. I was wondering what inconsiderate ass was outside thumping gangster rap. It was me.

Last edited:
has anyone been able to tell a difference in terms of the "performance improvements?" is it noticeable? How much snappier is the new UI?

Regarding the cars driving Dynamics, I would think it has a quicker response in the mid-top end acceleration range.
As far as the UI, moving around the settings is a marked improvement. For example, getting to the frunk release used to have a big pause as you entered settings, now, it's immediate.
The browser is still crap.

Man... I've been saying I don't care about parking sensor & AP, but watching all these videos of it in use really makes me jealous... I feel like Buck Nasty at the Playa Haters Ball... You Dave Chappelle Show fans know what I'm talkin' about... hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.... :tongue:

Update installing now.... at least I don't have to worry about the CIA/NSA/FBI/CIA/DHS/ICE/IRS, etc taking over my car and running me off the road for being a End The Fed shouting Libertarian. . . HA! My car is an Edward Snowden classic, baby.

Last edited:
I also paid for the continental tpms to be put on my car beginning of this year so it CAN Be retrod I to us classics. Just have to find a SC willing to do it was $200 plus tax.

Are you saying that all we need to do to get the tpms function working is to update our sensors? Tesla changed all 4 of mine in November 2014 and an updated tpms antenna. Looking back at the service description it doesn't specify what brand they replaced them with. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
That's what I'm going to do in my AP model as well. And so far I've heard from about half a dozen others who are planning to do the same. I have no interest in the "features" it offers, and absolutely hate everything I see about the UI.
I'm in the same situation. I don't see a compelling reason to update. I don't like the UI changes, especially when it reduces available information. I just got the notice on my phone to update, but I'm going to hold off for now.

Good news / Bad news

Good news: Just got my update notification (VIN 19846)

Bad news: I'm at a conference in Monterey CA and will not be home until Monday.

Guess I'll get to follow this thread for a few days to see what to expect............