Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sweet! I can't wait for my car to be updated.

I wonder if this small update includes the rollout of AutoPilot 1.01

- - - Updated - - -

Is date not already on the calendar icon? Maybe Tesla can add the day of the week on that calendar too?
It always was on the calendar icon, but wasn't on the speedometer display. Same with the clock. It's kind of annoying to have to look at the center console for the time.

The thing that bugs me was moving the gear selector to the right instead of front and center. I frequently like to look at the selector to make sure I actually put the car into reverse before hitting the accelerator. When it is on the right, it is frequently obscured by the wheel, and I have to crane my neck to check what gear it is in. Whereas it is much more likely to be visible in the middle.

The thing that bugs me was moving the gear selector to the right instead of front and center. I frequently like to look at the selector to make sure I actually put the car into reverse before hitting the accelerator. When it is on the right, it is frequently obscured by the wheel, and I have to crane my neck to check what gear it is in. Whereas it is much more likely to be visible in the middle.
yes, I too would feel safer to have the gear shift display in the center.

Just got my Model S back from having the next gen seat retrofit done and I have a new firmware version. 2.7.77. It shows the clock and temp back in dash! Thank you for listening Tesla! You rock!

View attachment 99366
How do we get this if our car is in our garage? Can we ask for the update from the car?

- - - Updated - - -

yes, I too would feel safer to have the gear shift display in the center.
agree!

Larry, I really miss the "old" dash. Having the energy use in orange and the regeneration in green, helped me to be a more mindful driver. I also loved the blue speedometer with gray for over limit! Must be getting old - I don't like change. Also don't like it that the regeneration feeling is less apparent. It was my game to see a stop light and try to use regen almost all the way to the stop, with brakes only at the end. Hope I get the choice of dash of the old style in the next version.

Well, some of the criticism was constructive. Some wasn't. :wink:

Hi Krug,

Good point. Well I know mine was constructive. :biggrin:

Larry

- - - Updated - - -

Larry, I really miss the "old" dash. Having the energy use in orange and the regeneration in green, helped me to be a more mindful driver. I also loved the blue speedometer with gray for over limit! Must be getting old - I don't like change. Also don't like it that the regeneration feeling is less apparent. It was my game to see a stop light and try to use regen almost all the way to the stop, with brakes only at the end. Hope I get the choice of dash of the old style in the next version.

Hi Lu,

Welcome to the forums.

You must be more sensitive to the changes in regeneration than me. I have no problem with the change in regen and still have no problem with one pedal driving.

I can live with the new dash. There are some improvements, but also in my opinion some minor steps backwards. The fact that Tesla has apparently retraced some of their steps is encouraging. It's also encouraging that Elon tweeted soliciting suggestions.

Among other things I tweeted to him was that we need the option of an Elon voice on the NAV. :biggrin:

Larry

I like my steering wheel low and I am tall, so with the new dash I cannot see my speed unless I lower my head. But I have a great view of the autopilot car and lane indicator. I'd really like to have the speed at the bottom and the car animation above. They have moved the speed to a point where I cannot see it and that stinks. Why can't they bring out several skins so each of us can pick the layout we like??