Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I disabled lane departure warning for my driver profile. It was annoying in city driving where the road is shared using rules that do not line up with lane painting. When you flow with the traffic there is no danger in crossing a lane marker so I shut it off.

Same here. I wanted to like it. I wanted to use it. But it annoyed the hell out of me on narrow two lane roads with "false" alarms. BTW, the lane departure warning on my previous 7 series BMW was just as annoying and got turned off too.

Mike

I know. I was just drawing attention to the fact that electrochromic dimming came before heated mirrors. That's why I'm saying I'd love to upgrade my car with new TPMS, new mirrors, fog lights, and LED headlights. Tesla has addressed all of my feature wish lists and working on fully autonomous driving, which is the last item of my wish list, but will definitely require a new car.
Diagnosis: Emotional attachment to a (delightful) aluminum can with wheels.
Financial Analysis: Appears to be able to afford several substantial upgrades (if offered).

I dearly love my car and all, but one of the things I am ready to do at any time is say goodbye.*

It's just a car.

Buy a new one... if (when) you can afford to, I say trade it in, once there are enough new features out.

This is a technology platform, after all.

* for a newer Tesla only.

Please inform us on your progress!
If your version is higher than 7.1, I'll be parking at the Amsterdam HQ (SeC and SuC) first thing this morning. :cool:
I'm currently on .102, so will drop by at that SeC within the next week anyhow. But .103 was of course already spotted, so chances for 7.2 of 8.0 are slim.

Diagnosis: Emotional attachment to a (delightful) aluminum can with wheels.
Financial Analysis: Appears to be able to afford several substantial upgrades (if offered).

I dearly love my car and all, but one of the things I am ready to do at any time is say goodbye.*

It's just a car.

Buy a new one... if (when) you can afford to, I say trade it in, once there are enough new features out.

This is a technology platform, after all.

* for a newer Tesla only.
Haha, that's probably sound advice. My first car was a Honda Civic and I (tastefully) modded the hell out of it. It was a sort of therapy and way to learn about it. Then one day, a distracted, speeding, self consumed, lunatic of a pregnant woman drove up a bike lane, through a red light and totalled my car, a taxi, and her decrepit van. I vowed never to mod cars again, and you just drew attention to my impulse.

• Love
Reactions: Lex
Went to the service center but car would not connect to wifi there :-(
IMG_1237.JPG

And you are the only one, at least on Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App is just one report (you?), but 10 more after that on 2.24.102 :-o
Also the last version on teslalog was 2.24.102 (beside some 103.1.x versions, some V8 tester I suppose).

2.26.103 is probably a custum build just four you. ;-) :roll:

Probably a rude message just for WK057 embedded in the code:)

It's a special one just for him which has been sanitized lol

I'm starting to think the same thing. I spoke to someone locally who was just updated at the same service center... and received 2.24.102.

Curious, have you seen any efficiency improvement a la +10% Energy Efficiency after 2.24.102 Update

I have not. P85D is just as big of an energy hog as always. Just did a 55 miles round trip and got 360 Wh/mi driving normally. 366 Wh/mile lifetime efficiency over 28.3k miles. 367 Wh/mi over last 7.5k miles. So, yeah... so much for the P85D being more efficient than the P85. :rolleyes: (For comparison, wife's P85 life average is 326 Wh/mi @ 30.5k miles)

I'm starting to think the same thing. I spoke to someone locally who was just updated at the same service center... and received 2.24.102.

I have not. P85D is just as big of an energy hog as always. Just did a 55 miles round trip and got 360 Wh/mi driving normally. 366 Wh/mile lifetime efficiency over 28.3k miles. 367 Wh/mi over last 7.5k miles. So, yeah... so much for the P85D being more efficient than the P85. :rolleyes: (For comparison, wife's P85 life average is 326 Wh/mi @ 30.5k miles)
Totally bizarre if they created a package just for you.

Someone has to try and fix the signal to noise ratio that seems to plague this forum lately.

Consider using "Ignore" function liberally

367 Wh/mi over last 7.5k miles. So, yeah... so much for the P85D being more efficient than the P85. :rolleyes: (For comparison, wife's P85 life average is 326 Wh/mi @ 30.5k miles)

Maybe different driving style also? more ludicrous oriented driving style? !

Totally bizarre if they created a package just for you.
...but then again, my understanding from his mods and former posts is his MS *is* unique in the world of Tesla. Besides, I don't believe anyone here has ever been able to predict with 100% certainty exactly what Tesla is doing related to update frequency, numbering schemes, availability, or exactly what every update is for, anyway. All we can do is second-guess after-the-fact. :p

P85D is just as big of an energy hog as always. Just did a 55 miles round trip and got 360 Wh/mi driving normally. 366 Wh/mile lifetime efficiency over 28.3k miles. 367 Wh/mi over last 7.5k miles. So, yeah... so much for the P85D being more efficient than the P85. :rolleyes: (For comparison, wife's P85 life average is 326 Wh/mi @ 30.5k miles)
Tesla has hidden torque sleep in the range mode setting. Turn on "Range Mode" and you will experience a roughly 7% efficiency advantage over the RWD models. For whatever reason, I think Range Mode can only be turned on if the car is in Sport mode. I really don't understand why torque sleep can't always be running. It shouldn't even be an option.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mikes_fsd
I really don't understand why torque sleep can't always be running. It shouldn't even be an option.
Blasphemer! You're willing to sit around waiting, perhaps reading War and Peace, while your car spins up the second motor to give you
maximum power when you mash the pedal at 70mph [120kph, for our Canadian friends]? Your time is clearly not very valuable! ;)

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Blasphemer! You're willing to sit around waiting, perhaps reading War and Peace, while your car spins up the second motor to give you
maximum power when you mash the pedal at 70mph [120kph, for our Canadian friends]? Your time is clearly not very valuable! ;)
Haha, it's valuable, but I guess I suck at reading cuz I can't seem to read a long novel in a dozen milliseconds :p

Tesla has hidden torque sleep in the range mode setting. Turn on "Range Mode" and you will experience a roughly 7% efficiency advantage over the RWD models. For whatever reason, I think Range Mode can only be turned on if the car is in Sport mode. I really don't understand why torque sleep can't always be running. It shouldn't even be an option.
I have a 90D so no "sport mode" but when you say there's 7% efficiency advantage what do you mean, Rated Range?

My P85D's lifetime average is 365 Wh/mi and I've had Range Mode set to ON ever since it was available concurrently with INSANE (soon to be LUDICROUS) mode.
That's really odd and doesn't seem normal, especially if you have a P85 reference that goes on the same roads and trips and it's beating you in efficiency, and by what seems like a large margin. Is your alignment off?

I have a 90D so no "sport mode" but when you say there's 7% efficiency advantage what do you mean, Rated Range?
I mean achieved efficiency (not projected) -- as in actual watt-hours per mile/km.

Here's my reference for the details of how this test was conducted:

Their methodology seems reasonable to me.