Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And I don't want the car to follow the speed limits as they change, sop I hope Tesla never forces that upon us. As an option? Sure.

Would you be using the "Snap to speed limit (plus offset)" toggle to set TACC?

I'm thinking the logical approach is to make it so the car follows the speed limit as it changes if set using that while not changing the speed if TACC is set to a speed other than the limit+offset.

Would you be using the "Snap to speed limit (plus offset)" toggle to set TACC?

I'm thinking the logical approach is to make it so the car follows the speed limit as it changes if set using that while not changing the speed if TACC is set to a speed other than the limit+offset.

I would not. I'd like to set it and forget it. I'm rarely the first car, and if the speed limit is bouncing between 55 and 65, but I have AP set to 75 to follow traffic, I want AP to be set to 75, not speed limit plus delta.

Can't get the summon button to pop-up on my iPhone when standing next to the car. . .

Haven't been able to get the perpendicular parking spot to light up either, even when moving ~5 MPH in a parking lot with plenty of spots with two cars on either side of an open spot.

you may know this but the US sensors not only need to see the cars but a curb as well. No curb...No auto park.

Some people in the US also reported having Launch Mode added (they didn't have it before)... and it was not included in my update last night.
Another feature missing for us in the Great White North? :-(
I am confused by what is being referenced as the "Launch Mode" button. My P85D has the Max Power button under the Sport/Insane toggle, but I have never seen anything that says Launch Mode, either in the previous version 7.0 (2.9.12) or 7/ (2.9.154)?

Not possible to do what you describe, nor should it be. I certainly do not want car owners mucking around with with their software versions, the potential for problems is too great. Remember, when driving on public roads you have a responsibility to everyone you share the road with, which means you need to not make modifications to your car that could negatively impact it's safe operation are not approved by the manufacturer...
Just like jailbreaking your iPhone may negatively impact your ability to call 911. It is not approved by the manufacturer.

Additional PSA i haven't seen anything on, 7.1 now has audible warnings of trunk is open and you have the car in reverse or drive. This seems to be very similar to the frunk warning if you try to drive with it open.

Another thank you to Tesla for this feature as some of us have garage door openings shorter than the high point of the rear trunk height. I have had nightmares about this up until now, reversing with trunk up and destroying both it and the garage door.

You've gotta wonder if TM has done this release thumbing their nose at the Detroit Auto Show and coordinating with CES.

I can't tell because I haven't watched this stuff enough but it seems there have been far fewer updates today than yesterday and with 100+K cars to do this is rolling out very very slowly. I realize only a fraction of owners actually report but even if it is 1 in 100 that's pretty thin.

I'm probably just missing it but I wonder why they would even put it in the app then. What's the added value?

I don't think you're missing anything. Ease of use - maybe. If you have the fob, then you might as well use it.

Edit: the app does tell you if it cancels for some reason, so there is that. It doesn't give you a specific reason, but maybe that will come with an update.