Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious what prompted Tesla to put effort towards the audio quality again. It's definitely been paying off on UHFS, and based off the above comment, on non-Premium too!
Dolby has improved somewhat since .19, but its not carrying a consistent, rich sound. I continue to turn it off. Are you liking it now?

You know how taste-testers eventually loose tastebud sensitivity, well maybe the sound engineer.............nah forget it. :rolleyes:

Dolby has improved somewhat since .19, but its not carrying a consistent, rich sound. I continue to turn it off. Are you liking it now?

You know how taste-testers eventually loose tastebud sensitivity, well maybe the sound engineer.............nah forget it. :rolleyes:

I don't keep it on consistently but I find depending on genre of music I sometimes keep it on. It's now hit or miss when before it was 100% miss.

That's kind of par for the course for this kind of postprocessing though. Some cars give you a slider for the amount of surround sound effect you want -- generally the settings below 50% are what you want for everyday listening, and cranking it up it either sounds really good or really awful depending on the track.

2.32.65 updated the following systems (from 2.32.23):

CID (Center Display)
IC (Instrument Cluster)
Gateway
Audio DSP
My question to you now is: Do you have some way to force an update so that you get the latest firmware and are able to decipher what's changed? There are only 10 reported through the tracker for this particular FW but you always are able to get the FW.

I don't keep it on consistently but I find depending on genre of music I sometimes keep it on. It's now hit or miss when before it was 100% miss.

That's kind of par for the course for this kind of postprocessing though. Some cars give you a slider for the amount of surround sound effect you want -- generally the settings below 50% are what you want for everyday listening, and cranking it up it either sounds really good or really awful depending on the track.

I like a slight fade and the Dolby just hates it. Oh well, as you pointed out the miss rate has been cut in half which is significant.

Noticed this:

Car plugged in, fully charged. When I check interior temp, it says 68-70.

I have not set the climate system to ON, nor is the car set for pre-conditioning.

Outdoor temp 80-90

Any thoughts?
Nothing new. MS can and does turn on cooling (and heating) to preserve its battery pack's health regardless of your HVAC settings, so there has always been some potential to moderate the cabin temp as a result. If you keep it plugged in to wall power, it will draw from there to accomplish the task instead of using its own battery power.

Some owners report that changing Range Mode ON or OFF varies when that takes place, but I have not personally observed that difference myself. Also, there have been reports about recent firmware has become more aggressive with actually turning on cabin cooling... bubbles on touchscreen Is one such comment.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: msnow
Nothing new. MS can and does turn on cooling (and heating) to preserve its battery pack's health regardless of your HVAC settings, so there has always been some potential to moderate the cabin temp as a result. If you keep it plugged in to wall power, it will draw from there to accomplish the task instead of using its own battery power.

Some owners report that changing Range Mode ON or OFF varies when that takes place, but I have not personally observed that difference myself. Also, there have been reports about recent firmware has become more aggressive with actually turning on cabin cooling... bubbles on touchscreen Is one such comment.

True, however - how does keeping the vehicle at 68-70 degrees make any logical sense? Seems like that would consume a lot more energy whereas normal operating temperature are a lot higher.

Also, it's unlikely that my car is simply ventilating the vehicle versus using the A/C.

There's no way the temp could drop to 68-70 with outdoor temps between 80-90

Did you read the reference in my link stating AC does seem to come on, and the context of the thread that is part of as perhaps one reason why Tesla may be exploring this? ;)

No one here is gonna have guaranteed facts on Tesla's logic, as there is minimal reference in the Owners Manual and of course there are no substantive release notes with firmware updates. I was trying to help with references to what people have seen, but you could always call the 800# 7x24 and ask your question directly of Tesla Tech Support. Good luck!

Reactions: msnow
I am on the wider release 2.32.23. Someone else posted before (but I can't find it) that they had a weird surge in energy consumption. Well, I had it too. For reference, I drive a MS 70D, I should not have an energy consumption as pictured. What is going on here?

It spikes as high as around 750Wh/mile!!

I mean, I do like to hit it every once in a while, but I never had more than 380, maybe 390 Wh/mile.

20160818_143324[1].jpg

You're probably just seeing stale temp data in the iPhone app. I bet if you turned on the A/C the phone app would update with more reasonable numbers .

I agree with this. The temperature sensor does not constantly update when the ventilation system isn't running. Sometimes I've had the app show me a completely bogus temperature reading around 70 and then as soon as I turn it on, it jumps to 110 or something more believable.