Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried these settings, not bad. I'm going to try
Bass: +1.5
Mid: -4.0
Treble: 0.0
Dolby: On
Balance: 0
Fade: -2

Before I had:
Bass: +7
Mid: +5
Treble: +3
Dolby: Off
Fade: 0

SomeJoe7777, you might want to try some slightly different settings. I use:

Bass: +1.5
Mid: -6.0
Treble: 0.0
Dolby: On
Fade: -3

I sit leaned back pretty far, which is why I moved the fader back to -3. Not sure that's the right spot. The upgraded HiFi is definitely bright which is why I suppress the midrange so much... effectively turning up the bass and treble without adding distortion.

Reactions: mechapreneur
I doubt that's the reason. Although it's true they can RECEIVE updates in the geofenced area they aren't going to start the update without user intervention.

It's likely the SC simply scheduled the updates all at the same time, and this individual just happened to be walking around after all the updates had started.

Of course the Netflix show "Stranger Things" might also explain the phenomenon.

A bug I've just noticed, although I think its been around for some months now - I get in the car and the station I had been listening to on FM, is no longer preset.

I have encountered the missing preset several times over the last few months, mostly after my wife had been driving previously, so I put it down to perhaps 'finger trouble', but on this occasion it was clearly a change between parking and starting up again

I have seen that as well. But I am not so sure it is a bug. It is super easy to accidentally swipe the blue preset delete button, especially if you have the radio in the top half or full screen. It could be an accidental swipe coming off the profile change (I do that every time I switch to exit, to get out). You can always find the station again in the Recently Played area and add it back. But in most cases that screws up the order of the favorites.

I am not a big fan of confirmation dialog boxes, but this s one place where it might could be handy.

I am now on 2.32.23 but prior to that 2.28.19
On a long trip I have noticed that the driver's side rear sensor appears to be much more sensitive
and the display on the instrument cluster finally shows that the driver's side rear sensor is actually functioning.
Prior to 2.32.23 I hardly ever saw that display become active but it clearly has become so since moving to 2.32.23.

Just throwing this out there.

BTW, does anyone have a list of "Persistent" settings that can be associated with Driver Profile?
I know that some settings changes invoke the "SAVE PROFILE" dialog box at the top of the central screen whilst others do not.

...BTW, does anyone have a list of "Persistent" settings that can be associated with Driver Profile? I know that some settings changes invoke the "SAVE PROFILE" dialog box at the top of the central screen whilst others do not.
The list has increased over time with various firmware updates. The most recent version that matches your firmware release is available on your MS itself. Controls / Settings / Driver Profiles / "See whats saved." (It's blue text about 1/3 down towards the left on .19)

I am now on 2.32.23 but prior to that 2.28.19
On a long trip I have noticed that the driver's side rear sensor appears to be much more sensitive
and the display on the instrument cluster finally shows that the driver's side rear sensor is actually functioning.
Prior to 2.32.23 I hardly ever saw that display become active but it clearly has become so since moving to 2.32.23.

Just throwing this out there.

BTW, does anyone have a list of "Persistent" settings that can be associated with Driver Profile?
I know that some settings changes invoke the "SAVE PROFILE" dialog box at the top of the central screen whilst others do not.
A few of us have mentioned upthread that the releases since 2.28.19 seem to have more sensitive sensors. For me it was the front and rear left side but others have reported a general tweaking of all the sensors.
Regarding what is saved in profiles the only place I've seen that is in the in-car manual but I don't recall a "list".

My car was dropped off at the Sunnyvale Service Center on Wednesday morning. As far as I can tell it's sat in the parking lot in the same place since I dropped it off. At around 11:00 AM today I got a notification that a update is available and it looks like it hasn't moved yet so probably nothing done by the service folks.

I assume it's 2.32.65 based on other folks messages (no way to tell right now). I wonder why it would take two days to get the message when the car has been in the geofence the entire time.
Same situation for me. I sent an email to the concierge at the SC and asked if they would pop out tomorrow the car and push install now. . 45 mins later I got 2 emails, one from the car and one from the concierge. Great service!

So just this one time for fun: I got an update about 9 days ago on a Saturday. Ever since the week I got back, knowing 2.32.65 is available, I stopped by my service center every weekday for about 5 minutes. Nothing happened Monday to Friday but today (Monday), doing so triggered an update!

I'm beginning to wonder if the aging parameter is about a week for some of these updates :)

So just this one time for fun: I got an update about 9 days ago on a Saturday. Ever since the week I got back, knowing 2.32.65 is available, I stopped by my service center every weekday for about 5 minutes. Nothing happened Monday to Friday but today (Monday), doing so triggered an update!

I'm beginning to wonder if the aging parameter is about a week for some of these updates :)
Could be but maybe I'm adding this up wrong. You got the first update 9 days ago then you go every day for a week and you finally got it today. Isn't that 16 days not about a week?

This thread is becoming more about triggering an update, instead of 7.1, but to chime in with the dozens of others FWIW:
  • I'm still on .19
  • I purposely last Saturday drove to and through the very large geofenced area for more than 5 minutes at the "UTC San Diego" Store location. No update was triggered.
  • I purposely drove last Sunday further to and through the geofenced areas of the San Diego SC, for perhaps a 3-4 minute period. No update was triggered.
  • I'm aware of at least one other S90D in another part of So Cal that drove to their local SC (not San Diego), waited 5 minutes, and had an update triggered soon thereafter more than a couple weeks ago. The only difference between our S90D is I have dual-chargers, and the other was manufactured a couple weeks earlier than mine.
Despite all the theories, I believe there is more going on with this update process than we have yet discovered ...or, there is a naughty list and I'm on it (which I wouldn't be surprised at.) ;). Either way, I'm sure Tesla employees reading this thread are highly amused at how infatuated so many owners are to have the latest and greatest -- even with their not knowing what benefit (or not) it may provide.

I am on 2.28.60, which was installed at the service center a few weeks ago. The past few weeks I've been experiencing frequent 3G dropouts, so I called tech support to ask if this was a known bug in my version. The tech support rep said that not only was it not known to be a bug, but that 2.28.60 is also the latest release for my car.

They pulled logs and said they'd investigate, but I was surprised to hear that even today the latest for my car is 2.28.60. (At least according to the tech support rep I spoke with on the phone). I'm skeptical that this is the case.