Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the report. Is there any way to see rollout by US state or at least region? From what I'm reading most of us in CA have still not received 7.1, which is strange at best.
So Hank added the country level data a while ago and still not everyone has updated their country information. I simply don't think we have enough participation to make a breakdown by state worth while.
I'm happy that we got 200 people reporting their 7.1 update - but if you think about it, that's still a very very small sample. Which means the further you break it down, the less meaningful it becomes.

I think I might need to start a new thread, but I've been thinking about this nag thing more and more. I'd like to figure out exactly how it works.

I'm 99% sure I have a nag now, I'm 80% sure it's related to the type of road I'm on, and I'm 30% sure it punishes you when it detects that you're not holding the wheel for a while.

What I don't understand is why some people have no nag, others have it at 5 minutes, some at 3 minutes, some at 1 minute. I think it correlated to the speed limit and/or the speed you're traveling on the road, but haven't seen any proof yet.

My 3minute repeatable nag happened going 55mph on a 55mph speed limit road.
My 1 minute nag happened on a non-divided highway going 50mph in a 45mph road.

The people who have no nags, is your speed limit higher than 65mph? 70mph? 75mph?
Is your set speed higher than 65mph? 70mph? 75mph?

So Hank added the country level data a while ago and still not everyone has updated their country information. I simply don't think we have enough participation to make a breakdown by state worth while.
I'm happy that we got 200 people reporting their 7.1 update - but if you think about it, that's still a very very small sample. Which means the further you break it down, the less meaningful it becomes.
Yep - and what about all the updates in other countries. We've had a lot in the UK and I know of some in other European countries. You might want to look at 7.1 OTA downloads starting in North America | Speak EV - Electric Car Forums (and this, if you can cope with the languages: Europe -).

Does anyone know why the release notes are not available from Tesla Motors' website; it seems to me such an obvious place to put them? I have found them at https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5891465/Release_Notes_US.0.pdf but why on earth should I have to go to this sort of site for something so useful and interesting?
IDK. I would personally think Tesla could just update everyone's My Tesla Documents section with Release Notes to match what has been delivered. Mine still has the original 6.2 that came with my MS at delivery.

I think I might need to start a new thread, but I've been thinking about this nag thing more and more. I'd like to figure out exactly how it works.

I'm 99% sure I have a nag now, I'm 80% sure it's related to the type of road I'm on, and I'm 30% sure it punishes you when it detects that you're not holding the wheel for a while.

What I don't understand is why some people have no nag, others have it at 5 minutes, some at 3 minutes, some at 1 minute. I think it correlated to the speed limit and/or the speed you're traveling on the road, but haven't seen any proof yet.

My 3minute repeatable nag happened going 55mph on a 55mph speed limit road.
My 1 minute nag happened on a non-divided highway going 50mph in a 45mph road.

The people who have no nags, is your speed limit higher than 65mph? 70mph? 75mph?
Is your set speed higher than 65mph? 70mph? 75mph?

Yes, this is clearly not a straightforward timed nag.

I can verify I went 5 minutes at 70 mph on an interstate without a nag, but can also verify that I'm seeing more nags than I used to--and I got a nag at the 5 minute mark.

This will definitely require more testing. It ought to be done when traffic is light on a stretch where the driver doesn't interact (no lane changes, pedal presses, or cruise set speed changes).

Yes, this is clearly not a straightforward timed nag.

I can verify I went 5 minutes at 70 mph on an interstate without a nag, but can also verify that I'm seeing more nags than I used to--and I got a nag at the 5 minute mark.

This will definitely require more testing. It ought to be done when traffic is light on a stretch where the driver doesn't interact (no lane changes, pedal presses, or cruise set speed changes).

That's a good point, I didn't think about the driver interactions. I want to try the same stretch of road I did last night, but at 70mph (the flow of traffic, yeah, yeah, speed limit is only 55) and see if my nag changes from 3minutes to 5minutes. Though I think it might be more dependent on the speed limit of the road rather than the speed of the car.

My wife always rests her hands on the wheel, so she doesn't care about the nag. I sometimes do, sometimes don't, while I'm not thrilled it's there, it's not a deal breaker. I would like to know how it's setup, just for my own curiosity.

I started a new thread to compile some data. How and why to nag (AP V7.1)

I did a quick search, and it doesn't look like this has been posted yet. There's nothing new here, right?

Press Kit | Tesla Motors

This is interesting, as I believe the below section is outdated. Limiting to 45mph was supposedly part of a 7.0 build (2.9.40 IIRC) but I never saw it myself, even on undivided residential roads. The new 7.1 restriction should say "5mph over the speed limit".

A few highlights of 7.1:

• Autosteer: New Improvements and Safety Restriction
    A change to Autosteer restricts use on roads without a center divider as well as in residential areas. When Autosteer is restricted, it cannot be used above 45 mph (70 km/h).