Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is interesting, as I believe the below section is outdated. Limiting to 45mph was supposedly part of a 7.0 build (2.9.40 IIRC) but I never saw it myself, even on undivided residential roads. The new 7.1 restriction should say "5mph over the speed limit".

I thought limiting to 45 would apply in the following: 1) the car identifies the road to what it considers a restricted road (correctly or not), and 2) the car's camera did NOT detect a speed limit for the road. Then the 45 limit kicks in. If just #1 but not #2, then its 5 over the limit.

re: nags;
is it possible that the car will learn to nag less?

So that's one of the things I want to test again, I only have anecdotal evidence that I posted upthread.

On my un-divided road, speed limit of 45, me going 55, I got nagged every 1minute. Then I decided to hold the steering wheel for 5 minutes (roughly, didn't time this one), and then re-did the experiment (same road), this time I got nagged once at the 2minute mark and then after that the 1 minute nag started again.

I felt like I was being given leeway for holding the wheel, but again this is just one case, I haven't tested if it's repeatable.

Here are two pictures of the new graphics with the lanes on the right and left of the one your car is in. Sorry for the blurry pics, I need a better camera than my IPhone... I've finally decided what to name my car. From now on she is "Christine", from the Stephen King novel.

View attachment 107636
Looks like it identified a truck. Was wondering when the software would be able to do that.

tesla MOTORS.com is not tesla MOTORSCLUB.com. I doubt either site would allow duplicate screen names, you will not be able to marcg over there and the marcg over there cannot be marcg on this site.

Thanks I know that, but it's not what I meant. I was asking Dirk how the ev-fw.com site would handle screen names from different forums that could be duplicates but not the same person. So if the MarcG from teslamotors.com (a different person than me) wanted to log his firmware update on ev-fw.com, he will not be able to since the MarcG handle on ev-fw.com is for my account on teslamotorsclub.com. See the dilemma?

- - - Updated - - -

HOT OFF THE PRESS! Just got this from my service advisor after asking him an unrelated question. Inspired by JenniferQ, I also snuck in a question about having them push the 7.1 upgrade to me :biggrin:

[FONT=&amp]However, for the 7.1 upgrade, they have not yet pushed out the update yet to vehicles in California. Should be happening in the next couple of days.[/FONT]

Thanks I know that, but it's not what I meant. I was asking Dirk how the ev-fw.com site would handle screen names from different forums that could be duplicates but not the same person.

- - - Updated - - -

HOT OFF THE PRESS! Just got this from my service advisor after asking him an unrelated question. Inspired by JenniferQ, I also snuck in a question about having them push the 7.1 upgrade to me :biggrin:

That's disappointing but it is what it is.

Thanks I know that, but it's not what I meant. I was asking Dirk how the ev-fw.com site would handle screen names from different forums that could be duplicates but not the same person. So if the MarcG from teslamotors.com (a different person than me) wanted to log his firmware update on ev-fw.com, he will not be able to since the MarcG handle on ev-fw.com is for my account on teslamotorsclub.com. See the dilemma?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so glad you and JenniferQ are here. :) It benefits us all by knowing more. Thank you! :) I also heard from a friend in the area that Portland-folks may be getting it in the next few days. Hopefully by the end of the week. Too bad we cannot summon the software.

still waiting for 7.1 on my 85D. FWIW, even right now on 7.0, I get a ton of nags to hold the wheel. It's extremely predictable - I will be asked to hold the wheel every time the car is making even a slight turn.

That's different and expected given the limited FOV of the sensor suite. This is a timed nag being discussed at specific, whole minute, intervals.

There is discussion in a couple of other threads indicating that Tesla may have pulled the current firmware release. Here's one of those threads. It includes a reference to another.

7.1 yellow clock disappeared before I updated

One poster claims the reason was that some AP cars were losing the radar calibration after updating. That is plausible, as it is exactly what happened to me, as I described in this thread in post number 99:

Mine took about an hour and fifteen minutes.

Unfortunately it completed with the "Driver Assistance Unavailable" error message on the instrument cluster. I know that may clear on its own, given some time, but resetting the IC and the 17" display did not clear it.

That's weird. CA being the center of the universe but last to get the 7.1 update? :D

I think it makes complete sense. Use the rest of the world as guinea pigs to make sure nothing catastrophic happens -- then push it out to locals. Could you imagine the revolt at the local service centers if something terribly bad happened after pushing out the update locally? Service Centers in the area would be inundated with calls / visits. Telsa owners / sq mi is so far off the charts in Cali compared to the rest of the world.

The connection to forum names is ONLY to TMC (and only use for password reset).

Right, so how does someone from another forum log their firmware updates on ev-fw.com, per your suggestion (copied below)? My take is that it's not currently designed to be multi-platform capable.
One way to do this would be to append a prefix to the handle name, such that I would be TMC-MarcG on ev-fw.com but the MarcG dude from teslamotors.com would TM-MarcG.

If you are active in other Tesla forums - feel free to suggest that people update the Firmware Tracker at ev-fw.com