Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So far only Model S in the tracker. About 15 entries, all from the US, Canada and Norway. I've seen people here post about UK cars and it seems that I've seen a lot more people post here about the update.
If you have received 7.1 and installed it, please update the Firmware Tracker! ESPECIALLY if you have a Model X :)

I just tried to update the tracker, but as of now version 7.1 can't be selected in the drop down. (I imagine Hank hasn't gotten to it yet.)

The options in the drop down are 7.0 or 7.1 beta.

See above. You may regret having checked. Please let me know if you wind up with the same error message I did.

Don't worry, I did earlier check on it and when I opened the door nothing came on. But it downloaded and installed just fine.

As far as my driveway, it is substantially sloped. Not extreme where I have to worry about scraping, but I would classify it as moderately sloped. I think most driveways will be fine.

Looks from the release note photos you set the door you want to open with the Homelink setting.

That was the first thing I noticed as I have a two-car garage with individual doors for each car. I was happy Tesla thought this through!

- - - Updated - - -

You can program whether you want's auto open and auto close for each Homelink location independently, with the caveat that if you don't set auto open for a location you can't set auto close.

Nice touch. So I can put auto-open while I'm at the street and auto-close while I'm still at the end of the driveway.

Looks from the release note photos you set the door you want to open with the Homelink setting.

Not a problem...

image.jpeg

Installed and tested a few things out. Here's some info:

1. Garage parking works really well. My garage is especially narrow, so it stopped at the door. I enabled the "Narrow Spaces" checkbox and it then successfully parked with no issues after that. Works great. I set my distance to 16" since my garage is small (I have video if folks want to see).

I suggest that you try the garage autopark a few times while sitting in the car first. Then try a few times outside the car with the fob until you feel comfortable. Don't get too far from the car or the FOB's emergency stop (press roof button) while parking won't be seen.

2. I tested out some autopilot. GREAT improvements here!

-The steering is MUCH smoother, especially on curves! In some curves (particularly sharp ones), the car used to ping pong quite a bit until it figured out the curvature. Now, it's much better. Much less drunk driving feel! GREAT work Tesla!
-On a residential road, I drove past a turn lane where in the past the car would start to veer toward it. That didn't happen this time. So it looks like the veering into turn lanes is fixed, or at least significantly improved!
-On a residential road where the car didn't know the speed limit, autosteer limited my speed to 45 mph. Setting cruise higher doesn't make the car go faster, however you can apply pedal pressure to speed up while keeping autosteer engaged. Great compromise for safety and functionality!
-Autosteer slowed down slightly for a sharp curve that previously it would take at the set speed and ping pong a bit. Great improvement there too.
-If the car knows the speed limit, you can set the cruise beyond 45 mph (as long as you're not more than 5 mph over) and autosteer remains engaged.

Can't wait to try out the other stuff, but these things look like great improvements. My biggest pet peeve before with autosteer was that it would bias too closely to cars in an adjacent lane when driving next to a curb or concrete barrier, and the release notes say that's been improved--so can't wait to try it!

- - - Updated - - -

Like the way the mirrors stay folded. Do you have that set to auto fold? Also, does it park where you line it up or is it centering? In my case I'm parking next to my wife's car and would prefer to leave more room between cars.

I have auto fold off normally, but the mirrors fold regardless if it's being summoned. The car centers between the garage door opening, then pulls in straight to remain centered between the opening.

Sitting here somewhat impatiently awaiting my car to download the update. I haven't had any updates since 7.0, except one that a ranger installed.

One question in the mean time...I have a two car garage with one garage door. So far, I've only seen 7.1 videos where it parks on a single car spot and apparently centers itself. Any idea how it handles the two car garage? What if the other car is/isn't there?

Sitting here somewhat impatiently awaiting my car to download the update. I haven't had any updates since 7.0, except one that a ranger installed.

One question in the mean time...I have a two car garage with one garage door. So far, I've only seen 7.1 videos where it parks on a single car spot and apparently centers itself. Any idea how it handles the two car garage? What if the other car is/isn't there?

I'm sure it basically works the same way--but you need to park in front of the opening of course. I'm sure it maintains an even distance from obstructions on each side, without veering too far laterally from the initial parked position.

I suggest that you try the garage autopark a few times while sitting in the car first. Then try a few times outside the car with the fob until you feel comfortable. Don't get too far from the car or the FOB's emergency stop (press roof button) while parking won't be seen.

Do you have to use the fob to initiate Autopark while still in the car or is there another way to activate it?

4"

The summons works very well except with a garage 'lip'. Another poster indicated that his stopped with the lip but when he reinistiated that it traversed the lip fine. Mine would not. Now the lip for my garage is 3/4-1" and when the front tires encounter this the car stops.

All other functions in the new release work well. Thanks TM

Mine stopped too until I checked the "Narrow spaces" checkbox, which brought it in just fine. I suppose it depends on whether yours is stopping because your garage opening is narrow.

- - - Updated - - -

I also got it this morning and at this time I will NOT install it as I am not sure about the autopilot restrictions. And help here? I just posted the install 24 hours away not to get frustrated.... and finally: is there a jailbraking available ... like with an apple iphone? Would be nice to get the new 7.1 for other reasons but to keep the autopilot at 7.0

Install it. The restrictions are perfectly reasonable and autopilot drives much more smoothly.