Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0041.jpg

Is that what you were looking for?

Perpendicular auto park.

I have spent the past hour trying this new functionality on my P85D. I live in a condo with garage spaces below. Each space is separated by a 1 1/2 sq foot concrete post. The spaces are roomy, however the garage is not that wide, and I have never backed my car in to prevent damage.

Hopefully some of you can give us more tips to improve the relibality to get the 'P' to display.

My experiences:

Driving about 7 mph past my spot the 'P' 'may' come on, indicating that it sees my assigned parking space. I stop, put the car in park and the main screen shows me the parking space and a button to 'CONTINUE'.

My first attemp at this resulted in me aborting as I was sure my car was going into the concrete post. When I finally had enough courage, I found that the auto park software performs as advertised and after several forward and back movements, parked perfectly in the center of my spot. This is really a neat feature, however, it takes somewhat longer than manually parking the car.

Now, hopefully we can share how to increase the reliability of having the 'P' display. I'm all ears for any tips on this.

Thank you Tesla!

I also got it this morning and at this time I will NOT install it as I am not sure about the autopilot restrictions. And help here? I just posted the install 24 hours away not to get frustrated.... and finally: is there a jailbraking available ... like with an apple iphone? Would be nice to get the new 7.1 for other reasons but to keep the autopilot at 7.0
Not possible to do what you describe, nor should it be. I certainly do not want car owners mucking around with with their software versions, the potential for problems is too great. Remember, when driving on public roads you have a responsibility to everyone you share the road with, which means you need to not make modifications to your car that could negatively impact it's safe operation are not approved by the manufacturer.
As far as the Autopilot "restrictions" in V7.1, see the first posts in this thread and read through the screen captures shown, the information is there.

So sometime in the next 4-5 days I'll get an update notification? Any way to speed it up?

The only thing you can do is to drive to your local Service Center and ask them to push it to you while you are there and install it at home. I've done this once before leaving on a trip knowing there was a fix to something I needed before leaving. Of course the SvC would have to be a convenient distance for that to make sense.

Last edited: