Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jeeze...I have only had the car a week and I'm already spoiled rotten with the rest of us Tesla owners. Who in the world that owns any other car gets to complain that there needs to be a shortcut on the radio and have every expectation that sooner or later it will be done?

Thank you TESLA!

(I'm thinkin' placing a order for a MX this is so awesome.)

I usually switch sources with the steering controls.

I tend to leave the right thumbwheel set to climate temp... It's hot in Phoenix and until recently I would have to turn the AC to "LO" until the car was comfortable then adjust it back to 73 or 74. I will say that Tesla changed the ramp/response the fan and compressor in a firmware update a while back and I find myself messing with the climate functions much less.

The audio change source icon they removed took up a whole 1/4" x 1/4" real-estate on the UI, :/

Thanks for posting, helped me see your car made it in over the slab lip even with a slight incline. My first couple of attempts the car gave up. I have a nearly 2" sag of the driveway on one side and I found I had to put a board in front of the garage slab. 3/4" thick board about 5" wide was enough for the wheel to gain some height before hitting the slab and the car now makes it in.

First attempt backing out it couldn't open the garage door. Second time worked. Must have parked itself in a dead spot right under the opener so it didn't register the first time but the car backed up and stopped at the door. Second attempt the signal was picked up, door opened and car pulled out fine. Not something I regularly would need to use here but certainly would need if I ever tried to squeeze it into my parent's narrow garage.

The lip doesn't seem to be an issue for summon, but it is stopping while to park. I too am having the intermittent garage door opening. I've had the problem for awhile with homelink. Sometimes it takes several tries, so it's not a problem with summon but rather homelink.

Last edited:
LOL.

Shame you can't talk through the console via your phone then you could pretend the car was AI. She screams to stop the car.. and you reply " I'm sorry (wife's name) I'm afraid I can't do that " then you lock the doors remotely :biggrin:
Wow. I realize you're making a joke, but I worry about the sort of cruel pranks people will think up for the YouTube audience. "TESLA WIFE FREAKOUT!! Check out her reaction! lolz"

LPT: in a healthy relationship, you and your partner trust each other. If you lock them into a moving vehicle and make them fear for their safety and well-being, and you find that scenario to be LOL funny, it will not help them to continue trusting you.

Wow. I realize you're making a joke, but I worry about the sort of cruel pranks people will think up for the YouTube audience. "TESLA WIFE FREAKOUT!! Check out her reaction! lolz"

LPT: in a healthy relationship, you and your partner trust each other. If you lock them into a moving vehicle and make them fear for their safety and well-being, and you find that scenario to be LOL funny, it will not help them to continue trusting you.

@thecloud yes I assume @1208 was making a joke, and while I 'freaked out my wife' that lasted for about a second until she looked up and saw me standing in front of the car. I also don't believe it is possible to "lock" a front passenger in a moving tesla (exit handles always work), and yes I imagine that that 1MPG 40' max auto summon ride would be terrifying.

When I get into the car my wife was laughing and thought it was cool. LPT: enjoy life and laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI.,.Summons is only suppose to be used on private property

Parking lot is private property.

Can someone explain the relationship between the home link settings and how summon works? Mine is set to auto-close and auto-open, which works fine when manually driving. If I go to the garage and use summon, it will drive up to the edge of the garage door and stop. Similarly, if I try to put it away with the garage door closed, it will drive up to the door and stop in the driveway.

If I manually open the garage door before I ask it to leave, it will pull out and close the garage door behind itself. I notice from the videos some people can summon it and it will open the door, pull out and close the door behind itself. I cannot replicate that behavior.

Can someone explain the relationship between the home link settings and how summon works? Mine is set to auto-close and auto-open, which works fine when manually driving. If I go to the garage and use summon, it will drive up to the edge of the garage door and stop. Similarly, if I try to put it away with the garage door closed, it will drive up to the door and stop in the driveway.

If I manually open the garage door before I ask it to leave, it will pull out and close the garage door behind itself. I notice from the videos some people can summon it and it will open the door, pull out and close the door behind itself. I cannot replicate that behavior.

RE: the auto open, pull out, and leave... Have you tried driving away from your house (1/4mi or so) and then coming back home and trying again? I was having difficult with this after my update but once I took a trip and came back home the car will open and close the garage as necessary (it uses the ultrasonics to sense there is something in the way).