Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 7.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll mention that I was on 2.22.30 when my car was delivered and got 2.24.102 a few weeks later with 800 miles of AP in between. I did notice a huge difference in auto lane change reliability on my daily commute route. I haven't gotten 2.28 yet but I'm curious if the 2.22.30 -> 2.24.102 update got Autopilot related changes.
When it first came out a few of us felt it had trouble centering in the lane. Sort of bouncy like the very early AP acted. But after driving it in various conditions the past couple of weeks that went away so my feeling now is there's no noticeable change from 2.22.30.

My S 85D finally jumped all the way from 2.20.30 to 2.28.19 today.

I checked all my settings after and nothing had changed or reset itself.

I hope you guys are right about Autosteer improvements, because 2.20.30 was pretty squirrelly for me.

As I'm learning, most dot releases aren't improving the autosteer code itself. I think what people are experiencing is the map tiles are getting better, which are apparently continuously loaded. So when 10 drivers have driven a particular lane on a particular road with autosteer, it probably bounces from side to side a bit. But when 100 drives or 1000 drives have occurred in that same location, its able to follow the average (probably the wrong word) of everyone's past experience and becomes much smoother.

Since we have no visibility to when map tiles are refreshed, maybe there is some correlation between drivers with cars running older versions "jumping" to new versions perceiving more change in autosteer. Maybe the same issues (i.e. lack of wifi, or low priority in the queue) apply to refreshing the map tiles.

image.jpeg
Just updated to 2.28.42 - no details visible

Another MS in Canada here going from 2.20.45 to 2.28.19.

Installed this morning (and did the deep reboot, might be my first ever) and all day long, the 3G was dropping every hour or more. And then it takes minutes, not seconds, to reconnect. This did not happen on 2.20.45 yesterday.

Travelled a lot during the past week and 3G is dropping constantly. Very annoying! Did numerous reboots with no effect.
For the past year, It's my first firmware "update" that I'm not too happy with.

I hope the new 2.28.42 is fixing this issue!

Yes I agree ccharleb it is frustrating and I hope they patch it soon. It dropped inside of 15 minutes of my journies today, and I stayed in the city.

No Canadian LTE's complaining, so it seems to be one of those "oh ya, those guys need xx watts for those old boards" or something like that situation :eek: I hate not being current lol

Lucky I already have 3G mentioned in my sig as it now seems to be a defining characteristic of my particular MS. And no I am not paying $600+ for LTE as 3G is (was) plenty good for me.

Crazy observation: Climate control in auto now uses higher fan speeds to maintain the setpoint. I often go out to my car to meditate after preconditioning it and have to crank the fan up manually because the slow steady state fan speed is inadequate at defeating radiant heat.

Now even with a set point of 70 the car is using fan speeds around 6 and produces a comfortable air flow.

I do this every day so I'm fairly confident this is a change that's new since 2.24.

Crazy observation: Climate control in auto now uses higher fan speeds to maintain the setpoint. I often go out to my car to meditate after preconditioning it and have to crank the fan up manually because the slow steady state fan speed is inadequate at defeating radiant heat.

Now even with a set point of 70 the car is using fan speeds around 6 and produces a comfortable air flow.

I do this every day so I'm fairly confident this is a change that's new since 2.24.
Great observation. I thought I noticed that too but didn't make the association between an update to that module and the @Ingineer changelog referencing climate control which I recall was about cabin heating? In any case it's been hot here in Southern California and imagined or not I like it!

Reactions: JenniferQ