Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a new updated tonight that included changed to how the FaWD work. No more intermediate opening mode.

Wed Jun 22 2016 19:55pm 2.24.78
Sun Jun 5 2016 07:45am 2.20.45
Mon May 2 2016 15:51pm 2.17.95
Wed Apr 13 2016 07:20am 2.16.17
Sat Apr 2 2016 08:15am 2.15.50
Mon Mar 28 2016 00:40am 2.15.16
Mon Mar 21 2016 11:59am 2.14.66
Wed Mar 9 2016 14:56pm 2.13.120
Fri Mar 4 2016 08:33am 2.13.77
Wed Mar 2 2016 09:52am 2.12.126

RZrGffR.jpg

Last edited:
I got a new updated tonight that included changed to how the FaWD work. No more intermediate opening mode.

Wed Jun 22 2016 19:55pm 2.24.78
Sun Jun 5 2016 07:45am 2.20.45
Mon May 2 2016 15:51pm 2.17.95
Wed Apr 13 2016 07:20am 2.16.17
Sat Apr 2 2016 08:15am 2.15.50
Mon Mar 28 2016 00:40am 2.15.16
Mon Mar 21 2016 11:59am 2.14.66
Wed Mar 9 2016 14:56pm 2.13.120
Fri Mar 4 2016 08:33am 2.13.77
Wed Mar 2 2016 09:52am 2.12.126

Pics?

Anyone get a seat unlatched warning from their second row seat(s) after this update?
Reset won't get the warning to go away.
It slides all the way forward and back no problem but when put in drive it thinks the seat is unlatched!
Any insight or tips are welcome if you've experienced this warning.
Really don't want to go back to the service center.

Anyone get a seat unlatched warning from their second row seat(s) after this update?
Reset won't get the warning to go away.
It slides all the way forward and back no problem but when put in drive it thinks the seat is unlatched!
Any insight or tips are welcome if you've experienced this warning.
Really don't want to go back to the service center.
Slide the seat all the way forward and back and it should do the trick. Happend to me few weeks ago, and I took it to SC.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
Can someone please confirm if the driver doors will unlock and pop open on Non PUP Xs or not ? I am still to figure if the manual and the release notes are specific and tailored to X variants or not..

upload_2016-6-23_0-3-37.png

Looks also like the liftgate will use the overhead sensor to decide how far to open. Big, big score.
Oh yes!! When I had the Model S from Tesla for 24 hrs test drive, and my garage was not "X friendly" I almost died when the liftgate shot up almost hitting the open garage door. Since then I have actually had occasional nightmares of the X liftgate being damaged in a similar manner.. the X is not even home yet.. so this is AWESOME!

Does anyone have measurements of the highest point of the door (from the ground) when it's in this "low enough to avoid obstacle" mode? Presumably the way this works is if the ceiling is below some height the doors open in an "extra conservative" way?

I had the auto present front door feature turned off but the new firmware with the door opening when car is key fob manually unlocked has worked really well. Its awkward when unlock the car from 50 feet away so I am learning to time it right so I just slip right in.

I have not been able to get the summon feature by double pressing the "park" button. The summon screen does not appear. I was of the impression this had been disabled by a prior software update and limited summon to the app only. Is this correct.

Thanks @K-MTG . That was it. I just wanted to try it, but the incline of my driveway causes the X to abort. I will recheck the settings in the morning and try again. For now I turned it back off. I think I had it set to complete at 20 inches in the rear.

Interestingly, I have never had Auto Park work either -- parallel or perpendicular. Tesla said it has to "learn" my habits. I will keep trying.

@ND100 -- from the floor to the top of the fully open FWD is ~90 inches. I have air suspension set on low, so it may be slightly higher for other X's. I back my X in the garage, so the FWD is not under the rails or the opener.

Thanks - this is when it's in this 'low ceiling' opening mode? Any difference in opening height with this firmware vs previously in the same garage?

Thanks - this is when it's in this 'low ceiling' opening mode? Any difference in opening height with this firmware vs previously in the same garage?

I measured with the doors in the FULL open mode, not "umbrella" mode. The new software eliminated the "umbrella" mode option, since the driver can select the opening height (if there is an obstruction detected) and save it as a GPS setting for that location. With the new update, the door will stop (increased sensitivity) -- you can over-ride to the max height allowed by pressing the raise button on the 17" screen. When you stop the door (release the button), it will ask if you wish to save for that location.

I measured with the doors in the FULL open mode, not "umbrella" mode. The new software eliminated the "umbrella" mode option, since the driver can select the opening height (if there is an obstruction detected) and save it as a GPS setting for that location. With the new update, the door will stop (increased sensitivity) -- you can over-ride to the max height allowed by pressing the raise button on the 17" screen. When you stop the door (release the button), it will ask if you wish to save for that location.

Thanks for explaining. Does this mean if you have a very "awkward" ceiling (multiple difficult to detect protrusions) that you could set a very conservative opening height and save it? The release notes I saw didn't mention saving a low opening with a GPS location.

Thanks for explaining. Does this mean if you have a very "awkward" ceiling (multiple difficult to detect protrusions) that you could set a very conservative opening height and save it? The release notes I saw didn't mention saving a low opening with a GPS location.
I have a 98" ceiling in my garage. The FWD is only 90 max to the highest level. I never had the doors stop previously. I tried today and the door stopped before opening fully. I then used the button on the "b" pillar to fully open the door. The touch screen then asked if I wanted to save the opening for that location. I chose to leave it alone, since I rarely open the FWD inside the garage. The door also "saw" a tree in my driveway that it never halted opening before the update (note: the tree leaves would not have contacted the door) -- so the doors are definitely more sensitive. Same for the rear deck, which stopped early "seeing" my cabinet behind my X which isn't in its path. So it appears Tesla errors on the caution side.

That said, I don't know whether the "GPS" height works independently for each door.

Last edited: