Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't save the location, the car saves it itself
Yes. This usually happens when you are in the garage and it detected the ceiling, and then you exit the garage. In this case, it will still remember the garage location. When approaching your garage from an outside trip and you park in your driveway, it should let you open the doors fully. This feature seems annoying to me, but that’s how it worked for me. Luckily for me, my garage ceiling is high and I have pressed the “Always Open Fully” button and don’t get this behavior any more.

If it is GPS based "geofenced" only the immediate problem is the granularity of GPS can vary based on number of satellites, quality of signal and various radio frequency conditions...this essentially leads to GPS location granularity to vary in a wide range from as accurate as just over a meter to few hundred feet. You an see the similar phenomenon on your phone.. so net result is if the GPS accuracy is at lets say 3M and you are close to the garage door on the driveway, the X would still think it's in the garage where the door last opened and the FWD position got cached. The perfect design IMHO is to use GPS in conjunction with door sensors as a multilevel decision tree.

• Informative
Reactions: K-MTG
(I will miss the half-open feature when drying the doors after washing the Model X.)
Yeah. This leaves the Model X in jeopardy while it waits for it's wings to dry out like the Anhinga.

IMG_9672w.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: xkwizit
I was very pleased to discover today that the latest release has also implemented my Nav feature request. About 3 weeks ago, I used the "report" voice input inside my X to ask for a scrollable list of more than 11 "Favorite" locations besides "Home" and "Work".

Viola!! It has been implemented!!! Sat. I added a bunch of extra "Favorite" destinations to see if there is any limit. I hope it's implemented as a linked-list of nodes so there is no upper bound. I really need many "Favorite" places to save property tours for our real estate clients, in additional to numerous other destinations we frequently visit.

Now that they've implemented this, next I'll ask to see if they can add the classic Math Sci "travelling salesman" algorithm to find the shortest path that visits X (pun intended) places.

Tesla is awesome in my book. (I know I'm speaking to the choir here.) NO OTHER car manufacturer in history has been so responsive to its customers suggestions and feedback, IMHO.

Reactions: xkwizit
I was very pleased to discover today that the latest release has also implemented my Nav feature request. About 3 weeks ago, I used the "report" voice input inside my X to ask for a scrollable list of more than 11 "Favorite" locations besides "Home" and "Work".

Viola!! It has been implemented!!! Sat. I added a bunch of extra "Favorite" destinations to see if there is any limit. I hope it's implemented as a linked-list of nodes so there is no upper bound. I really need many "Favorite" places to save property tours for our real estate clients, in additional to numerous other destinations we frequently visit.

Now that they've implemented this, next I'll ask to see if they can add the classic Math Sci "travelling salesman" algorithm to find the shortest path that visits X (pun intended) places.

Tesla is awesome in my book. (I know I'm speaking to the choir here.) NO OTHER car manufacturer in history has been so responsive to its customers suggestions and feedback, IMHO.
I liked how you went into specifics of data structures - linked list :D. But what is the linked list maxNodes=10:p. Good feature nevertheless, thanks for suggesting it.

You can still pause the doors at a middle setting.
Of course, but they might not stop in the perfect centered position. The wide half position made it easy to reach and dry all the seals.

In fairness, the Model X now judges a high ceiling as a possible parking garage, so the half open position is the default in those locations. This should help save the falcon wings and rear hatch from damage from low cement beams that the sensor may not "see".

At desired locations, the override for full open by GPS positioning will affect the rear hatch as well. Enjoy the new feature.

Ever since I downloaded the latest update last night, my door sensors have been acting up.

Not letting me open the driver's door from the outside (my wife had to let me by pulling the handle from the passenger seat) and once not letting me fully close the falcon wing door on the driver's side, saying there was an obstruction. It only registered there wasn't an obstruction when I opened the driver's door.

It seems like the two doors on the driver's side are detecting each other as obstructions. Or maybe it's an issue independent of the update since I haven't seen anyone else having this problem.

I gotta say, I'm quite disappointed with the latest update. Two days ago, everything was working quite well. Now, my trunk won't fully open in my garage (I have very high ceilings). The FWDs won't open completely unless you are in a wide open space. Last night, I was at a supercharger and the FWD wouldn't open automatically at all because of the car next to it. It wasn't that close. I had to hold the button for a while to force it open. It was actually quite embarrassing with 10 people there and a guest in the back seat. Putting out bad updates on such an amazing car is quite annoying and disappointing.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z and ssq
Another issue is that the passenger door window popped out when I closed the door using the touch screen today. Had to Open it and close it for it to fix itself
Oh boy another slew of issues on this firmware update. Does anyone know if my X will be updated to the latest on delivery tomorrow? Or perhaps it will be the previous version which was relevant when the car was in production?