Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you raise your sensor a few inches? The X sits pretty low in the first place, and iirc when I installed my opener years ago they give you a pretty good range of heights with which to put the sensors. I didn't go super high for ease of the gymnastics of closing and running out (which I no longer do since I added the MyQ gateway), but I'm pretty sure it's still high enough to catch the X.
I have been thinking about this. 1 feet high should be better. I do have myQ now. But then I dislike the rapid beeping alert on App based door-close. Have you figured a way to disable that ?

I have been thinking about this. 1 feet high should be better. I do have myQ now. But then I dislike the rapid beeping alert on App based door-close. Have you figured a way to disable that ?
Nope. I just deal. I'm pretty sure my neighbors already think I'm a techno-whack job with solar panels and an electric car... A little beeping every now and then doesn't even phase them.

• Funny
Reactions: ssq
Yes, raising the sensor is the way to go. I too have the MyQ and that beeping is annoying. Not only that, but it also takes forever for the beeping to end and the garage to finally open/close. If someone figures out how to change the beeping or delay, I'd be very interested as well.

Yes, raising the sensor is the way to go. I too have the MyQ and that beeping is annoying. Not only that, but it also takes forever for the beeping to end and the garage to finally open/close. If someone figures out how to change the beeping or delay, I'd be very interested as well.
Googling gave me this:- I think I'll just mount a foam tape to press against the speaker membrane, no or reduced vibration of the speaker membrane/diaphragm means no/reduced beeping.

Officially, there is no way to disable the Beeping alarm that occurs before/during closing which was unacceptable for me so I opened the wifi hub by removing the two rear screws intending to just cut the wire to the speaker but found the speaker was soldered directly to the board and I was afraid that breaking a connection on the board would completely brick the MyQ Hub. So I tried the low tech way and just muffled it with some foam tape but this had almost no effect... What I came up with provided me both the ability to cut the volume by about half or disable it completely and so far doesn't seem to have and negative long term effects and still allows you to return the volume to its original level if you should ever want to.

Here's what I did:

Disclaimer: This is not supported by Chamberlain/MyQ and may very likely void any warranty. If not careful you could damage your MyQ Wifi Hub beyond repair. The most likely worst case scenario though is that you will not be able to restore sound to the Wifi Hub after this. The beeping is intended to be a safety feature so by disabling this safety feature you are doing this at your own risk and it's your responsibility to make sure the door is clear of people and objects when being closed.

01) Make sure you have the completed the initial setup and have your MyQ Opener working appropriately first before proceeding with this.
02) Obtain a #4 4-40 macine screw no longer than a 1/2 inch (I used a 1/2" long one but one about 3/8" or 1/4" may work as well, possibly better) You should be able to find these at any hardware store or probably Radio Shack too if looking for something shorter than 1/2" and should only cost you around $1.00 for a pack of several.
03) Disconnect the power cord from the Wifi Hub.
04) Open the Wifi Hub by removing the two rear screws.
05) Pull the face off the Hub. It should come free pretty easily.
06) Locate the speaker that should be located on the right side of the board (it's round, black and plastic; about the same diameter as a US Dime; and has a small hole on the center) you should see a brass colored disc through this small hole... that's what emits the sound.
07) Notice the hole is just slightly smaller that the #4-40 machine screw? Begin treading the #4-40 machine screw (which should have a flat blunt end and not a point, don't use a pointed screw it will defiantly damage the speaker beyond repair). Only tread the screw just enough to get it started for now. The screw should cut its own treads in the plastic speaker housing fairly easily.
08) Now reconnect the power to the Wifi Hub while it's still open and wait of it to reconnect to your Wifi (the green LED should be the only LED lit). The blue and green lights will blink while connecting.
09) Using the app on your phone operate the door to the open position.
10) Now using the phone app your going to close the door... Whats going to happen is you should hear the the Hub begin to beep for a few seconds befor closing and then will continue to beep while closing. While the Beeping is occurring you want to very slowly (and I mean VERY slowly) tighten the screw. Only tighten the screw while the beeping is occurring. You may have to open and close the door several times before your done. At some point around the 1/2" mark of the screw you should compress the speaker disk just enough to disable the sound, you'll know you should stop when the beeping stops before the door is completely closed. Open and close the door once more to be sure there is no beeping. The Bright White LED should flash when closing just as it did before when the beeping occurred.
11) Now disconnect the power again and reassemble the Wifi Hub leaving the #4-40 machine screw in place.
12) Remount the Hub in your chosen location, reconnect the power, allow it to connect to your wifi again and you should now have a nice and quit but fully functional MyQ Garage door opener.

If you didn't over tighten the screw and you ever wish to restore the sound to the MyQ just remove the screw and it should return to beeping as normal. If you would rather just reduce the volume of the beeping only tighten the screw until it makes contact with the sound disk but be aware that having this disk repeatedly vibrating against the screw will very likely eventually damage the speaker and could result in no sound at all or possibly [maybe worse] a very strange and/or sickly sound being emitted when closing the door. « Show Less

• Informative
Reactions: Hengist
.84 not my favorite upgrade.

1. Trunk no longer fully opens in areas that clearly do not have an obstacle, Have to set each location separately....
  2. FWD now providing false readings suggesting that there is an obstacle and won’t open (there is none) and/or opens less than full.
  3. Key fob doesn’t open charging port, nor trunk or frunk very easily.
No issues previously.....

btw: given charging port issues, I’d suggest Tesla put a “open charging port” button on doors screen when putting Vehicle into park. Much more convenient to hit a button placed there in addition to opening doors vs. having to hit controls or charging screen

Finally got the notice of a firmware upgrade yesterday, when I was leaving work. I was in a bit of a hurry so I just cancelled the pop-ups.
The upgrade did not install over night, and now I can't find any way to install it? There isn't a "yellow clock icon on the touchscreen’s status bar."

Any suggestions? Or do I have to contact Tesla?

I've had my X7D for a week. Still stuck on 2.22.50

Finally got the notice of a firmware upgrade yesterday, when I was leaving work. I was in a bit of a hurry so I just cancelled the pop-ups.
The upgrade did not install over night, and now I can't find any way to install it? There isn't a "yellow clock icon on the touchscreen’s status bar."

Any suggestions? Or do I have to contact Tesla?
Is the clock still at the top of the screen? It does not need to be yellow. Just touch the clock.

Also if you just cancel the popup does it actually cancel the install or just default to 12 am or whatever it's set at? Have you checked the version (with the T) to see what release your car is right now? Maybe it did install overnight.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
The current time is shown at the top right corner of the screen, but touching it does nothing. There is no clock icon in the status bar, yellow or otherwise.

I said it didn't install because I checked the version, and it still shows 2.22.50.

Is the clock still at the top of the screen? It does not need to be yellow. Just touch the clock.

Also if you just cancel the popup does it actually cancel the install or just default to 12 am or whatever it's set at? Have you checked the version (with the T) to see what release your car is right now? Maybe it did install overnight.

It is not the clock (time). The notification will appear as a small "Alarm Clock" toward the center of the screen. It may be "grayed" out after the initial notification (red). Touch it, and the software update screen will appear.

I'm just back from vacation. I am still on 2.20.45. I had the update available to me when I left, but didn't want to do it right before I left for a couple weeks. So I deferred it.

Upon my arrival today, I no longer have an update available to me.

Do they expire? Or was there an issues IDd that caused then to pull it back?

Well, go figure. Didn't get an update prompt while at the Design Center, nor from parking at the Torrance SC for a bit, but after 20 minutes or so parked at the Buena Park SvC (and soon to be SC), up popped the software update message. Over LTE, fwiw.

Got an update notification this afternoon (came up in the car, not the IOS app). This time I scheduled it for tonight rather than cancel the dialog. That put the yellow clock icon up in the status bar.

Once I got home I used the yellow clock icon to start the install.

Don't know if this is the same update as last week, or a new one. I'll post the version once the installation completes.
The current time is shown at the top right corner of the screen, but touching it does nothing. There is no clock icon in the status bar, yellow or otherwise.

I said it didn't install because I checked the version, and it still shows 2.22.50.

The update didn't take long,much less than the stated 1 hour and 40 minutes. I now have version 2.26.150

The only changes mentioned in the Release Notes are the changes to the Falcon Wing and Trunk openning heights being determined exclusively by the sensors and sofware. No more "umbrella mode"
It does open the driver's door when unlocking by double-click of the fob.

Got an update notification this afternoon (came up in the car, not the IOS app). This time I scheduled it for tonight rather than cancel the dialog. That put the yellow clock icon up in the status bar.

Once I got home I used the yellow clock icon to start the install.

Don't know if this is the same update as last week, or a new one. I'll post the version once the installation completes.