Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The March one you got was the Q4 2015 and the one you just got is the Q4 2016. That's once per year like most of us. Each of those took a year to develop so as @MP3Mike says the newest are already a year old.

@msnow Actually you are off by a year, for both of those, the most current maps update is Q4 2015. (At least per @Ingineer's post.) So if Garmin/Navigon fixes something in the maps today you likely won't see it for about 2 years in a Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
@msnow Actually you are off by a year, for both of those, the most current maps update is Q4 2015. (At least per @Ingineer's post.) So if Garmin/Navigon fixes something in the maps today you likely won't see it for about 2 years in a Tesla.
Yep, you are correct. I asked him for the version ID's further down that same thread and he came back with:
NA-Q415-12795998 (North America).

Well Tesla has not told us why they made changes, so no I can't quote a law or regulation they have changed because. I can point you to https://www.transportation.gov/sites/dot.gov/files/docs/AV policy guidance PDF.pdf as well as other discussions in these forums about the fact the AP1 cars are now apparently slowing to 50mph when they detect a stopped vehicle in an adjacent lane (which happens to comply with state laws about passing a stopped vehicle...someone in one of the threads quoted the appropriate laws in several states).

As you say, until Tesla tells us why they made a change, we are speculating. I have certainly tried to make clear when I was speculating and when I was providing facts.

This, unfortunately, also affects EU cars - have been trying for a while now to rid my wife of AP fear, and had two incidents where TACC slowed down from 110 km/h (65mph?) to 80 kmh (about 50 mph) when passing cars parked on the road shoulder. Needless to say, whe wasn't any more convinced after these two "hiccups"

I've noticed that since receiving 2.50.114 I have slacker stations that now longer show a station/album cover. I have tried rebooting without any luck too. I don't ever remember having this problem before.
Interesting. We have a similar problem in Europe - DAB radio no longer shows programme information; I wonder if this has the same basis as your problem.

Interesting. We have a similar problem in Europe - DAB radio no longer shows programme information; I wonder if this has the same basis as your problem.
Yes, but in my case, I initially had the graphics after .114 installation, but a few days later after my CID locked-up and I rebooted, they disappeared (I've rebooted many times before with .40 and the graphics remained.) Definitely something going on with how .114 reboots clear cache differently than .40 did. See my post #4669 above for links to more detail on my circumstances.

• Informative
Reactions: msnow
What I see in the tracker is that 2.52.36 went to 3 cars, 2 Model S and 1 Model X both in the US.

One AP 1.0 car got 2.25.20

Anyone get release notes with 2.52.20 or 2.52.36?

The firmware tracker download link is broken :(

Last edited: