Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now it will let it go 5 over again.
Oh, great! Apparently someone is listening!
Exactly. From what I have seen, I am still not convinced that the +0 restriction is removed.
If it doesn't know what the limit is, it's quite an amazing coincidence that the speed is getting coerced to exactly +5 of the limit that it doesn't know.
On post 4731, I see three lanes. With that many lanes, AP might be classifying it as a highway.
Again, doesn't square with the other reported facts -- @RYCO also reported going +9 on a bonafide freeway, so if AP think's it's a freeway, why would it limit to +5 in this case but not that one, in the same car?

Reactions: u00mem9
I also don't want to be too cynical, but...

Is it possible the "five over" only works when following another car? In the photo with the speed limit showing, there is a target car. In the other photos there is not. I believe Musk tweeted something about bringing the "five over" back when there was a target car.

Again...not doubting. Just seeking clarification.

I also don't want to be too cynical, but...

Is it possible the "five over" only works when following another car? In the photo with the speed limit showing, there is a target car. In the other photos there is not. I believe Musk tweeted something about bringing the "five over" back when there was a target car.

Again...not doubting. Just seeking clarification.
Can confirm that it is not limited to just following another car. Was very happy to find this out on my commute.

Just updated to 2.52.22. Only took 25-30 minutes.

Adds supercharger amenities, driver profiles and EQ settings.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.JPG
    IMG_0877.JPG
    406.2 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0880.JPG
    IMG_0880.JPG
    478.3 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: markn455
Just updated to 2.52.22. Only took 25-30 minutes.

Adds supercharger amenities, driver profiles and EQ settings.

Actually it doesn't. :)

It may have added those things for you, because you were on an older version of the firmware than 8.0.2.50.114, but all the things you just mentioned were actually added for the first time in that version. (8.0.2.50.114.)

Really strange because the driver profiles and EQ settings only appeared after the update this morning.

It's really not that strange at all, unless you happen to know you --did-- have firmware version 8.0.2.50.114 or later before your most recent update. Cars get passed over for updates all the time.

I highly recommend using the Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker, started and maintained by @HankLloydRight (Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App.) You can keep track of your own updates, see what is going on with other updates, and help contribute to the knowledge base.

Checking just now, it looks like the new version being pushed that just started being pushed yesterday is 8.0.2.52.36. Sixteen cars have reported receiving that version yesterday.

If you are concerned, why not just tell them not to update it, and then after you get the car back, decide if you want to accept the update?
Because I have a 12V battery failure, which I know inhibits the update process, so I may have an older version queued. If I can tell the SC to update to the latest version, they may push past what's already downloaded, and I don't get stuck waiting for an update to a less-restricted version.
I have requested to not update before, and they did comply.

• Informative
Reactions: Andyw2100
I got the update, haven't tested it yet, but very happy to hear that some functionality is actually restored. I was starting to lose faith in AP improvements as it seemed like every update further restricted AP.

Can anyone confirm that the EQ bug is fixed? Does it retain EQ settings now?

View attachment 210177 I got an update this morning. 2.52.22. Hopefully it fixed The Equalizer issue that keeps resetting to flat, but it did adjust the speed limit on on divided highways to 5 over.

I'd like to suggest, though, for whomever has the naming rights to this version, something along the lines of "High-Five."

Agreed--with latest update (2.52.22), +5 is achievable.

I amend my previous post: apparently it should be 8.0.2.52.22 that I am suggesting the name "High-Five", or something like it for. I guess we have not yet heard what, if any, changes were made in 8.0.2.52.36.

Actually thinking more about it, perhaps 8.0.2.52.36 is the version with the ludicrous-plus easter egg. Or is that also in 2.52.22?

Reactions: CTShore