Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:) ...and we can start a whole new round of owners that refuse to upgrade and continually cite their reasons for doing so across multiple threads here on TMC

I didn't say I wasn't going to upgrade when it comes out, I'll have to make that call after I see what it is. But we know TM closely follows this forum, and by speaking out and offering constructive criticism to TM, we're only expanding the small bubble in which they seem to develop and collect feedback.

Let's just hope they've stored up all our previous feedback and it's going to be unleashed in V8, fixing many of the real problems V7 created. And just so we all remember, I'll enumerate them all now.

nah, just kidding.

wk057 has probably already got it running ;)

...and hey cheer up Hank, if you are finding it difficult to keep up, try asking if they will do a special command line only build for you!

I recall Elon's Paris Q+A too, and have to believe this is at least part of what is coming

Got to be honest though, this is just one of the great things about Teslas.
What other car can owners can get excited about software upgrades and new features?
When that icon appears on your phone "Software Update available" ... just part of the brilliant ownership experience.

Since I got mine, Telsa have added
parallel parking
bay parking
Summon
Spotify (excellent)

and no doubt a truckload of other tweaks too.

just wow really

:) ...and we can start a whole new round of owners that refuse to upgrade and continually cite their reasons for doing so across multiple threads here on TMC, and ultimately become part of my "ignore" population when I've had enough of their repetitive comments which provide no new content or thought -- no different than I'm sure some people are with me expousing about Tesla's need to resolve early S90D Rated Range problems, acknowledged firmware bugs, and catching Infotainment functionality up to what other luxury brands have had for years. Ahahahaha...

Me? I'll upgrade when the new firmware becomes available, just as I have with every other drop I've been provided. It's part of the "good with potential bad" I knew I'd be getting into before I ordered my MS.
I'm hoping there will be no leaks of the GUI. All we will hear will be comments from a few drowning out the rest of this thread about how much it sucks.

How are you going to pass the time in the car with the kids? We like to play "guess the album art!"

Ha, sometimes that bogus album art that Tesla shows can be NSFW. I've seen this! Crazy stuff. I'll be listening to some NPR program like Morning Edition, and I look at the screen and mutter WTF.... Tesla shows an X-rated album cover that I don't even wanna begin describing. Enjoy that album-art-guessing game with the kids! :)

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Ha, sometimes that bogus album art that Tesla shows on the 17" screen is NSFW. I've seen this. Crazy stuff. I'll be listening to some NPR program like Morning Edition, and Tesla shows an X-rated album cover that I don't even wanna begin describing. Enjoy that album-art-guessing game with the kids! :)
That's a problem when I play my Fresh Air podcasts. A lot of questionable music has the word "fresh" in the title.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Really? I've never had issues with Bluetooth sound quality.
Have you tried other phones (i.e. Significant Other, etc)? It may be a hardware issue with either your phone, or the vehicle.
My Bluetooth audio quality is excellent.
Bluetooth audio is compressed. A number of people can tell the difference.

What about loading your lossless music on to a USB drive instead of using BT?
This is what I do. It's a bit of a pain because I always forget to sync it with my latest purchases, but it works, at least in a basic way. I wish you could access it via voice commands, though. Supporting basis access through the USB port like pretty much every other vehicle made since 2008, or via Android Auto/CarPlay, would open up a lot of possibilities.

What about loading your lossless music on to a USB drive instead of using BT?
I have 132,000 tracks in my iTunes library... It's on a hard drive I haven't hooked up in probably 2 years. I stream everything now from Pandora or Soundcloud. (Pro-tip, there's a switch in the settings for these apps to turn on higher quality audio streams. It defaults to low-quality for bandwidth savings.)

Yes, streaming music isn't the absolute best quality, but it's quality works fine for me. What doesn't work fine for me is Bluetooth audio. You can take a golden master SACD, top tier sound, and when you stream it over bluetooth it turns the audio to absolute garbage.

Streaming, when also streamed over bluetooth is just twice the terrible.

/edit It sounds silly, but I would be happy with a simple headphone jack analog audio input port hidden in the arm-rest.

Last edited:
For those of us with dash cams, a USB save to feature for the internal camera and car data that Tesla uses as evidence in court cases would be awesome and super simple. Save to internal SD and the USB chip.
Due to physical hardware limitations, it's not possible for the MCU to use the car's cameras as a dash cam.