Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"
Intuitive Media Player
Media Player has been redesigned and personalized to put your favorite content front and center. Search is simpler and more powerful, accessing streaming radio, live stations, and podcasts to help you quickly find what you’re looking for."

Does this mean that:

1) We'll finally be able to use search, including voice search, to search across internet radio sources and local sources? i.e. if I request a song and it's already one of the 10000 songs I have on my thumb drive, I'd really like to play the local version which will sound better and not rely on sometimes flakey or slow connections to pull from slacker....which may or may not play the song that I ask for?

2) Are the finally using the folder art stored with our music like every other MP3 player on the planet earth does?

3) Have the finally added the apt-x codec to the A2DP profile like pretty much every audio bluetooth device on the face of the planet?

4) Is there any sort of smartphone integration like CarPlay, iOS, etc?????????

Can anyone confirm if they've improved the autolocking and door handle extension behavior?

1) Ability to disable walk away door locking based on being geofenced in your garage so that the car isn't unlocking and locking as your walk in and out of the garage?

2) Ability to keep handles extended when your at home in your garage to reduce wear and tear on the motors?

Yes. AP and US are the only two common points between all declared updated cars up to now.
(edit : and wifi connected)

Gee - I don't have WiFi and I live in Canada. I guess I will have to wait awhile before I get to experience v8.0? At least I do have AP. I wonder what happens when I drive my Canadian VIN MS across the border into NY or MI? I am planning such trips in the coming weeks.

:D ...so interesting. Just 9 installations of 8.0 thus far according to the tracker, and so many questions about how things operate, if people's wish list items have been addressed, and acknowledged bugs have been resolved. Lots of anxious folks (including me, but I'm trying to contain myself!)

One thing which changed on the media player that I sorely miss is the ability to get to artists or albums on my USB drive by touching the letter of the alphabet. Now it appears scrolling through dozens of pages or typing in a search (which did not find my content) are the only two ways to get to later sections of the catalog. Zydeco and Zappa are a very long way from Abba on my USB. In the past they were each two touches away from each other. My preliminary search attempts across all platforms did not find what was in my iTunes folders.

This can't be right. There must be another way to do this that is just less obvious?????? So there's no pressing the letter of the alphabet to jump to the start of that group in any of the USB media lists anymore????? Does the search function search USB media now? If so, I could probably live with this but if it can't even do that, this sounds like a deal breaker for me :(