Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Volgens Electrek is de rollout van V8 begonnen.

Echer in het artikel staat ook het volgende:
  • Below 45 mph
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 5 minutes on a straight road.
    • If there are curves on the road, the system accounts for lateral acceleration so refer to over 45 mph.
  • Over 45 mph
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 1 minute if no vehicle to follow.
    • ‘Hold Steering Wheel’ alert after 3 minutes if you are tracking a car in front

Onzin, is niet zo.

Reactions: PaulW5
Well, then the companies making ultrasonic sensors for blindspot detection don't have much of a market (there are quite a few on google).

The ultrasonic sensors work for close up blindspot detection but they are useless for seeing that car coming up fast behind you or coming up fast in an adjacent lane. You MUST have rear and side rear radar to do proper blind spot detection. All modern cars that do this like Mercedes have all around radar for blind spot detection.

None of my fleet have it yet. I can say that on the beta the biggest changes are AP. The GUI stuff is just fluff really. The regen increase is hardly noticeable. The overall performance is definitely better on the UI though.

Why does blind spot detection need to see cars coming up fast behind you? Those will be visible in the mirrors. The blind spot is only an issue for cars which are near your speed.

Obviously, the car needs to be able to detect such cars in order to change lanes by itself, which is why lane changes require driver intervention with the current hardware. But plain blind spot detection doesn't need it.

Reactions: liuping
Who uses radar for blind spot detection? Everyone uses ultrasonic.
I know Subaru now uses radar for their Blind-Spot Detection. I'm sure there are others as well.

Capture.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
I don't see anything in the release notes about improved radar mapping. I guess this wouldn't be a feature, but Tesla has been making a big deal about this coming....but is it in 8.0???

Really? The release notes page says this: "Advancements in signal processing use the Tesla's onboard radar to persistently capture snapshots of its surroundings, creating a 3D picture of the world. Learn more about seeing the world in radar."

• Informative
Reactions: liuping and sorka
Hey Everyone, long time lurker but now have some time to actually get on here, got 8.0 posted a video of the media player posted at the bottom of this post, I have some other videos I made early this morning but will post them later when Im out of work. In the meantime see below.

Anyone know how to not do this part?: "The control bar fades automatically for an uncluttered navigation experience."

I found it very annoying this morning that I couldn't figure out a quick way to bring the control bar back up when the map was up. I assume I am missing something obvious.

Its definitely a step back in terms of ease of use and quick access to things, you need to tap the map to see the control bar, but it only happens for the map. Other apps have the control bar in full view at all times.

Tesla said that 8.0 would do off-ramps if you signaled, and 8.1 would do it automatically based on navigation. Has anyone actually tried it with 8.0 yet?

Didnt see anything about off ramps in the notes, but could have missed it. I will try it later today and report back.

Any news on waypoints? I didn't see that in any of the screenshots

Nothing in the notes about Waypoints or how to set them, but there is a new view for "legs/segments" of a trip that allows you to see individual legs/segments versus the entire route, this was done automatically prior to 8.0 this gives you the option to choose the view.

"
Intuitive Media Player
Media Player has been redesigned and personalized to put your favorite content front and center. Search is simpler and more powerful, accessing streaming radio, live stations, and podcasts to help you quickly find what you’re looking for."

Does this mean that:

1) We'll finally be able to use search, including voice search, to search across internet radio sources and local sources? i.e. if I request a song and it's already one of the 10000 songs I have on my thumb drive, I'd really like to play the local version which will sound better and not rely on sometimes flakey or slow connections to pull from slacker....which may or may not play the song that I ask for?

2) Are the finally using the folder art stored with our music like every other MP3 player on the planet earth does?

3) Have the finally added the apt-x codec to the A2DP profile like pretty much every audio bluetooth device on the face of the planet?

4) Is there any sort of smartphone integration like CarPlay, iOS, etc?????????

See my video below, no Apple Carplay or Android Auto, but just an updated in-house media app. USB navigation has been updated for the better except the removal of browsing by name via the alphabet scroller on the side, now you need to scroll and scroll and scroll to get through the list.

youtube.com/watch?v=UjMn_7VSePU

Last edited by a moderator: