Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding the HVAC fan speed issue: I noticed that with recirc forced on but with the fan speed in auto, it will throttle below 4. As was hypothesized earlier in the thread, this is probably a new method in 8.0 to stop the coil from icing. Perhaps auto mode cycles the compressor occasionally to control ice. I use the temp settings to indirectly control fan speeds in recirc now.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    406.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Helpful
Reactions: CTShore and Cyclone
8.0 (2.36.108) release appears to be a really rushed, buggy even dangerous release. For those of you who have not received it yet consider yourself fortunate. My suggestion is wait for another update.

Thank you for those insights. I am going to follow that advice for now. I see too many people reporting significant issues with AP such as swerving out of their lane and suddenly slowing down, which I would consider dangerous. 7.1 works well for me, and I havent seen much reason to upgrade until these issues are fixed.

I have video of the event from my dashcam. A couple comments:

1) Don't judge that I was listening to Jim Rome at the time
2) I have speed turned off on the camera intentionally

My car was maintaining the following distance at a setting of '3', but at 5s into the video the car starts to slow down...as we approach the overhanging tree, which I am officially accusing as causing this event.

IMHO I would suspect the metal arched street lights could be a strong radar return signature. The fact that it was slowing down at a medium level implies that it was picking up something fairly far down the road which is where those light poles would be in the field of view. Secondly, and I know you didn't ask for my opinion on this but, I would never engage autopilot on a road with stoplights. ;-)

In the WiFi settings dialog, you used to be able (I think, at some point in the past) to see the MAC address of the WiFi interface by tapping on the "i"-in-a-circle icon next to on-off slider at the top of the dialog. Now on my car running 8.0, if I tap on it, I just see "MAC Address: not available".

Also why is there an "i" icon for this at all? Why not just show the MAC address all the time...there is plenty of space on that part of the screen and it's not like the MAC address is a secret. And if it's not going to show me the MAC address at all there's no reason to have an icon that I have to press to tell me that it's not going to tell me. This just irritates networking geeks like myself who want to know the MAC addresses of everything on their network. :p

Just me? Does anyone know if this is new for 8.0 or has it been this way for awhile and I just didn't realize it?

Bruce.

In the WiFi settings dialog, you used to be able (I think, at some point in the past) to see the MAC address of the WiFi interface by tapping on the "i"-in-a-circle icon next to on-off slider at the top of the dialog. Now on my car running 8.0, if I tap on it, I just see "MAC Address: not available".

Also why is there an "i" icon for this at all? Why not just show the MAC address all the time...there is plenty of space on that part of the screen and it's not like the MAC address is a secret. And if it's not going to show me the MAC address at all there's no reason to have an icon that I have to press to tell me that it's not going to tell me. This just irritates networking geeks like myself who want to know the MAC addresses of everything on their network. :p

Just me? Does anyone know if this is new for 8.0 or has it been this way for awhile and I just didn't realize it?

Bruce.

If 90:03:b7:xx:xx:xx shows up on your router, bingo.

• Informative
Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Don't know if this has been mentioned already with 8.0, but I am seeing some unusual behavior. First, I liked having the camera on top and my map on the bottom half of the screen. I use the camera as a second blind spot check before getting over to the next lane and I like it to stay on top. Music is another window I like to share on top portion of the screen. For whatever reason since the 8.0 update, these applications are defaulting to the other half of the window. Sure, I can drag them where I want, but it isn't remembering their position when I launch other apps and want to go back to them like the other version did - VERY ANNOYING!

Second thing I notice about the Autosteer. I feel in my own experience it is slightly improved in holding the center of the lane. Although this morning I almost soiled myself when I was in the fast lane of the freeway and just passed an overpass. The whole car made a bee-line to the next lane. I caught it, grabbed the wheel and kept it in the same lane. VERY TROUBLING!!!! Had I not been paying close attention, I could have easily taken out a car in the next lane! Thankfully, there was not a car there. Since the autosteer behavior is "fleet learned", how do we reset a portion of the road so that it doesn't do that? I am going to monitor it in this one section and see if it continues, but it has me pretty head-shy from using autosteer with confidence at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: Wanderer

Bruce.
I see mine on 8.0.
IMG_5782.JPG