Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
apparently there were significant changes made to the equalizer, it would have been nice if these changes were noted in the update release notes instead of having to find out about the changes here on TMC
They were.
IMG_1799.JPG

I've seen a couple recent comments from recent Tesla newcomers: don't sweat it if you don't have the update yet. This is perfectly normal. Tesla rolls out updates in waves. Lately they seem to slightly prefer wifi over LTE deployment so you might get your update a few days quicker on wifi. But even then, you might've missed this wave.

If it makes you feel any better: the next wave usually gets some nice bug fixes and then all of us will be jealous that you have a slightly newer software version :)

There's no other car you can buy that gives you a nice little software surprise to get excited about every few months. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

I find all threads on SW useful and particularly the S forum since it's more active and savvier with re: to SW versions.
TMC so needs to consolidate common thread topics across the cars and help moderate this when they do.

Most of the MS forum applies to the MX and there are many posts on the MX forum that duplicate a similar thread in the MS forum because people either don't look there or are afraid to post the question in the other forum.

Reactions: msnow
New firmware, annoying USB music change.

Basically if you have an album with different singers, it gets split into different albums. so for instance the Hamilton soundtrack is now forty different albums.

What I think infuriates us about this kind of this is:

1. WHY? Is this regression a feature someone asked for?
2. Couldnt they get a few actual USB music users to try this out ?

Sigh. I don't have a workaround, so I'll just live with it until they eventually I hope fix this back.

TMC so needs to consolidate common thread topics across the cars and help moderate this when they do.

Most of the MS forum applies to the MX and there are many posts on the MX forum that duplicate a similar thread in the MS forum because people either don't look there or are afraid to post the question in the other forum.
I've suggested this a couple of times to the Mods in the past year, to emulate what other even larger car forums do for cross-Model subjects. As an X-moderator of another auto forum myself, IMHO it requires more proactive work by the Mods to keep individual posts in the right place, but does provide a better organizational and focused end-result as you suggest. As it is, I just live with what we have, and am happy for TMC as it is.

Three items in the .114 release (my update just finished installation):

- key fob links to driver profile (yay!)
- 2 more equalizer settings
- supercharger info update
Adjusting down isn't new, and the recent few small releases have had it adjusting down to the limit. I've never seen a post about adjusting *up* when the speed limit goes back up after the initial unveiling, but it's possible I've missed a thread or two.
It's been doing this since at least 2.42.40.

The reason I said "I could be wrong..." was that I had not used the functions that way myself, but rather had a recollection of other posters talking about the car behaving that way: limiting down, but then adjusting up when possible.)

I should add that if I'm correct, the "limiting up" would not exceed whatever limit had initially been attempted.

Example, from the old days before the change:

--TACC speed set to 60 in a 55, with autosteer on an undivided highway. Car goes 60.
--Speed limit changes to and is recognized by the car as 45. Car adjusts speed to 50.
-- Speed limit changes back to 55. Car adjusts speed to 60.
--Speed limit changes to 60. Car still goes 60, as 65 had never been set.

Make sense?

I think this is consistent with what you saw, though with the speeds now limited to the speed limit, right?

So Texas rural roads are up to 80MPH. When you enter towns, the speed generally drops by 5 to 10 MPH increments down to maybe 35. AP will adjust that down, but only adjusts up once or twice, as far as I could tell. In other words, it might remember to bump you back up from 35 to 40, but you'll never get all the way to 80 again without touching the stalk. I found this behaviour to be quite good, actually.