Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. ...but Tesla has elected to not even implement automatic easy in/out like other luxury mfgrs first, so I don't hold a lot of hope for something like this unique to future automous driving. Like others, I always press a profile once a I get into my seat, start to backout while the s-l-o-w profile does it's thing and it's drop-down covers a large part of the backup camera display if I don't want to wait for it all to complete; then after turning my MS off, I press another profile to move the steering wheel in and eject myself from the seat. ;)

The profiles work with my manual use as I get in and then out again -- it's just IMHO some of the more subtle firmware-driven UI and ergonomic things Tesla has forgotten and not prioritized to even care about in recent years, which the more mature mfgrs mastered long ago as standard, and should easily make their way into their competitive EV as they come to market. I love my MS for so many reasons, but truly miss the attention to detail these sort of little things provided me that I enjoyed for so many years in my former Lexus, MBZ and BMWs.

There's no start button, so, unless you want your seat to move every time you put the car in park, you've figured out the best way to get that feature.

16508880_1571108456251397_7757908180493322343_n.jpg
16640712_1571108459584730_1954573619110914157_n.jpg

Apparently usage-statistics is a thing now!

You guys have it good...10 stalls....

This is fantastic. I wonder if it's updated instantly.
I looked at it several times over about 10 minutes, including zooming in and out. During that time, the four or five I remember the status on never changed, which seems somewhat unlikely to be actual real time, but is possible.

I suspect it updates every five or ten minutes instead, but that's just a guess for now.

That supercharger status data is great. I so wish they would make supercharger data available as part of an API set, along with this and the amenity detail. Probably wishful thinking :(

Maybe they will include it in the promised updated Tesla App

Well, I'm not sure if you're being a wise guy or sincerely asking. So, I'll assume you're a fellow engineer and asking. I drive daily on Route 15 (Leesburg, VA) to the Dulles Greenway which transitions to the VA-267 Toll Road, to Tysons Corner. I updated to 17.3.15 on 26-JAN, and I've had the warning pretty much since that AutoSteer is disabled, and no cruise control. Think I already said this all though hence the original post.

As matter of fact, all of sudden today, I was on a divided highway (RTE 15 heading south from Frederick, MD back to Leesburg, VA) and I was actually able to execute cruise control, but no autosteer. So me and my 300mbps FIOS connection are waiting, but I'm driving my car like a boss in the meantime!
Yep, just a fellow engineer, wasn't trying to shade, just understand. Must be the camera alignment.

Or maybe when hitting Park, open a big pop-up window on the 17" center screen with a list of profiles, including an EXIT profile and even an option to keep the car ON with screens/music/HVAC for X minutes...

Xs already get a unique doors pop up when you hit park - adding buttons for an exit profile and keeping HVAC/music on to that would seem to be easy and logical.