Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, this is the message displayed

Yes, this is the message displayed:

View attachment 215153

Anyone know if this is the same message for non-P models? According to the mobile app, my 70D is on 17.6.15 as well.

I had the car in for service last week for the 2nd annual/25k mile checkup. I don't recall what firmware version I was on before I brought it in for service, but the work order said they updated the firmware to the latest version (I'm assuming to what it is now at v 17.6.15) and I thought that the 'software performance reductions' were only isolated to Performance versions of the S and X, so I'm curious to see what the message would be for a non-P model.

Anyone know if this is the same message for non-P models? According to the mobile app, my 70D is on 17.6.15 as well.

I had the car in for service last week for the 2nd annual/25k mile checkup. I don't recall what firmware version I was on before I brought it in for service, but the work order said they updated the firmware to the latest version (I'm assuming to what it is now at v 17.6.15) and I thought that the 'software performance reductions' were only isolated to Performance versions of the S and X, so I'm curious to see what the message would be for a non-P model.

I'm pretty sure the message that comes up after an update is the release notes - in which case you can always read them for your current version - tap the T at the top of the center screen, then look at the lower left corner and hit the release notes link beside the firmware version number.

Ok, so I'm new to AP1. Been driving it a bit, and I like it overall, especially the TACC.

But man, I'd love to have a "trim" setting for lane keeping/centering. It sure likes to be just slightly more over to the right then I'm comfortable...especially going around curves and passing trucks ("truck lust" is real!).

Like on the highway, I'd love a setting that if there's nobody to my left going around a right hand curve, shift slightly to the left side of my lane, to give the cars on the "inside" a little more buffer space as I pass them, and the opposite when going around a left hand curve.

Right now when on curves, it seems to love favoring the right side of the lane, and since I'm usually/mostly in the left lane, I'm passing cars and trucks on the right -- and 9/10 times it's just too close for comfort, and I take over and re-center the car.

Or just a general rule or option: "When passing cars on the right(left), and there's nobody in the left(right) lane, shift slightly to the left(right) until done passing, then recenter as specified by trim setting."

But on open road with no cars around, it's awesome.

Reactions: Andyw2100 and Joe F
I'd go a little further: I'd like to see a selectable offset for those times in the rain when on a heavily worn road where water ponds in the valleys of the lane. Would reduce the chance of hydroplaning.
I don't think you'll see anything like this appear. Tesla is putting all of it's efforts into making full autonomy a reality. Facilitating a smoother interaction between driver assist and the driver is irrelevant to that. Perhaps if their goal was to make a great driver assist, but it isn't.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
The goal, I'm sure, is to make it as safe as possible. If full autonomy means, where traffic conditions allow, ignoring the fact that moving over to ride the crown and lane markings to reduce the effects of hydroplaning makes the car safer than a human driver, it's missing the mark. IMHO.
Regardless, talk about selectable offsets and such is a pipe dream. Won't happen. It's not on the path to full autonomy.

Reactions: GlmnAlyAirCar
Any ideas on what input the TACC (EAP 17.5.28) uses to determine the speed reduction when taking a tight curve? I've used it several times taking an entrance ramp to the highway and it always reduces to around the same speed, except for this morning when it took the curve about 10mph slower. The only difference was the roadway was a little slicker due to overnight rains. It leads me to theorize that the traction control sensors are at least one source of input. Does the car have accelerometer sensors that vector lateral movement?

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Any ideas on what input the TACC (EAP 17.5.28) uses to determine the speed reduction when taking a tight curve? I've used it several times taking an entrance ramp to the highway and it always reduces to around the same speed, except for this morning when it took the curve about 10mph slower. The only difference was the roadway was a little slicker due to overnight rains. It leads me to theorize that the traction control sensors are at least one source of input. Does the car have accelerometer sensors that vector lateral movement?
The AP Learning system compares how a human driver would take a curve (off of autopilot) and modulates the speed on AP. Whenever the driver disables autopilot, a flag is made and the human driver statistics are compared to how the computer would take the curve, and it adjusted.

The AP Learning system compares how a human driver would take a curve (off of autopilot) and modulates the speed on AP. Whenever the driver disables autopilot, a flag is made and the human driver statistics are compared to how the computer would take the curve, and it adjusted.
Thanks, but just to be clear I wasn't using autosteer, just the TACC. For the record, I take that curve a lot faster than the TACC modulates, so it must not have "learned" that yet.

Thanks, but just to be clear I wasn't using autosteer, just the TACC. For the record, I take that curve a lot faster than the TACC modulates, so it must not have "learned" that yet.

When TACC was first introduced, it did not adjust speed for curves. I actually prefer this. If I'm driving, and simply using TACC for speed control, let me drive. I'll brake or lower the TACC speed if that's what I want to do.

I do understand the need to lower the set speed for curves if auto-steer is engaged.

Reactions: AWDtsla