Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Tesla Issued bumper sticker for HW2 cars coming out: "CAUTION I Brake hard for: Crosswalks, Overhead Signs, Signs on the side of the road, Overpasses, Ghosts, Manhole covers, dark spots on the road, random times when nothing is around, whenever I feel like waking up my driver!". I had hoped 17.11.3 would fix this, it's worse for me. And how would it have been to give us rain sensing wipers and auto high beam headlights.

Last edited:
New Tesla Issued bumper sticker for HW2 cars coming out: "CAUTION I Brake hard for: Crosswalks, Overhead Signs, Signs on the side of the road, Overpasses, Ghosts, Manhole covers, dark spots on the road, random times when nothing is around, whenever I feel like waking up my driver!". I had hoped 17.11.3 would fix this, it's worse for me. And how would it have been to give us rain sensing wipers and auto high beam headlights.

Not that it solves the problem, but note that there are now several 8.1 threads.
Confusingly they are in the Tesla Motors section, not the Model S section.

I tried to get one of the stickers you mentioned. Tesla wants $5,000 for the upgrade.

I got this AP2 bumper sticker from Elon ... :cool:

upload_2017-4-1_10-34-55.png

Reactions: Doctt
I bought a car in October 2016 after enjoying a demo with excellent auto steering, adaptive cruise control, and parking. I was told my car would be delivered in December, with some features temporarily disabled until perhaps the end of the month while the company ensured everything was working smoothly with the greatly improved hardware.

I was not told the company had lost its relationship with their development partner, and would be essentially starting from scratch. So what I unintentionally bought was a kickstarter pre-alpha product.

I should have been more cautious about trusting a guy who communicates via ambiguous Tweets. That's on me. You, too, have a choice: If you find the sardonic humor of people who feel bamboozled unpleasant don't read our posts.

Not that it solves the problem, but note that there are now several 8.1 threads. Confusingly they are in the Tesla Motors section, not the Model S section.

I tried to get one of the stickers you mentioned. Tesla wants $5,000 for the upgrade.
I'm pretty sure @HankLloydRight put the threads in the Tesla Motors section to accommodate the Model X owners.

I'm pretty sure @HankLloydRight put the threads in the Tesla Motors section to accommodate the Model X owners.

That's correct. There are very few differences in the FW releases between MS and MX, the threads didn't belong in either sub-forum. Most people are talking about AP1 and AP2, which is common to both models, so it makes sense to have one thread talking about each, instead of lots of duplicate threads in the model sub-forums.

This firmware appears to apply to both; presumably AP2 cars are mostly getting it first because of the bigger impact.

I got 17.11.3 yesterday on my AP1 X75D when I had to go to the service center for a new tire.
Agreed. And as we should all expect, functionality of the update itself varies based on model and features one actually has in their vehicle. e.g. in my fully-loaded (except for jumper seats) 9/2015-built MS 90D, I have only 3 of the items listed in the previously shown release notes.

ok, i connected my car to wifi and didnt get it. Maybe it is only AP2 or Servicecenter wifi for anyone.

Whenever there's a new update coming I make sure the car is always connected to wifi overnight with a good signal. 500mb downloads over 3/4G would take quite a while over here. Updates usually arrive within 10 days of their first appearance across the pond. The latest was just a day behind!

Just be patient. Only Tesla knows the exact rollout process. ...and IMHO this update provided little if anything of significance on my AP1 MS. I'm still waiting for the rest of 8.1 to eventually appear 6 weeks or more from now.
Im a fanboy, so any update i want it on day 1 :)

Whenever there's a new update coming I make sure the car is always connected to wifi overnight with a good signal. 500mb downloads over 3/4G would take quite a while over here. Updates usually arrive within 10 days of their first appearance across the pond. The latest was just a day behind!

My car is in an underground garage, nothing else than EDGE gets there.
I take it out randomly and connect the car to my phone's hotspot to get wifi.

Reactions: preilly44
I bought a car in October 2016 after enjoying a demo with excellent auto steering, adaptive cruise control, and parking. I was told my car would be delivered in December, with some features temporarily disabled until perhaps the end of the month while the company ensured everything was working smoothly with the greatly improved hardware.

I was not told the company had lost its relationship with their development partner, and would be essentially starting from scratch. So what I unintentionally bought was a kickstarter pre-alpha product.

I should have been more cautious about trusting a guy who communicates via ambiguous Tweets. That's on me. You, too, have a choice: If you find the sardonic humor of people who feel bamboozled unpleasant don't read our posts.

@HumanGenome the "Ignore" function works well too. I've added many of the regular whiners and complainers to my list. ;)

@HumanGenome the "Ignore" function works well too. I've added many of the regular whiners and complainers to my list. ;)

I can respect Tangible's opinion. Many people have felt/been misled along the same lines. I feel especially bad for those who leased after such representations were made.

Anyway, he adds a little sarcastic humor but nothing wrong with that in light of circumstances....

I can respect Tangible's opinion. Many people have felt/been misled along the same lines. I feel especially bad for those who leased after such representations were made.

Anyway, he adds a little sarcastic humor but nothing wrong with that in light of circumstances....

My post wasn't directed at anyone in specific. I just wanted to point out the usefulness of the 'Ignore' function. I've found it helps keep my blood pressure lower.

I definitely wasn't referring to @Tangible - he's obviously not on my list since I read his post. :D