Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 8.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
some of us feel grateful to drive a high-priced car and will enjoy whatever we have, ...

I am sorry, could you please elaborate on this? English is not my first language - may be that's the reason, but I really do not understand what this means? Are you saying that most of us are grateful for being able to afford the car and thus, should not complain?

• Informative
Reactions: smartypnz
Does anybody know how large (in gigabytes) the software update is? I know it is done over wifi, rather using cellular, but I am trying to figure out how much of monthly usage it might be. Some iOS updates are nearly 500MB, and I suspect Tesla updates would be much larger. But I am not sure how much!

Does anybody know how large (in gigabytes) the software update is? I know it is done over wifi, rather using cellular, but I am trying to figure out how much of monthly usage it might be. Some iOS updates are nearly 500MB, and I suspect Tesla updates would be much larger. But I am not sure how much!

Last time I look, probably 2 FW again, it was in the 400MB range.

I have a new S75D with enhanced autopilot and firmware 17.18.50. Starting at about 50 miles, AP features have been enabled occasionally, but it has been hit or miss. Today, with good weather it offered none of the AP features on the same roads I used them on yesterday. Not even the speed limit is shown.

It seems like the car makes a decision whether to offer the features at some point and then (1) if it is offering the features, they fluctuate on and off as road/weather conditions vary; or (2) if has decided not to offer the features they never become available no matter how good the road/weather conditions are. I have tried putting the car into Park to see if it would re-evaluate its decision but it has not.

My questions are:

Is this normal?
Should I expect it to more consistently offer AP features as the car accumulates more mileage?
When the car is not offering AP features, is there anything I can do to understand why?
Is there a way I can reset this to try to get them back?

I have a new S75D with enhanced autopilot and firmware 17.18.50. Starting at about 50 miles, AP features have been enabled occasionally, but it has been hit or miss. Today, with good weather it offered none of the AP features on the same roads I used them on yesterday. Not even the speed limit is shown.

It seems like the car makes a decision whether to offer the features at some point and then (1) if it is offering the features, they fluctuate on and off as road/weather conditions vary; or (2) if has decided not to offer the features they never become available no matter how good the road/weather conditions are. I have tried putting the car into Park to see if it would re-evaluate its decision but it has not.

My questions are:

Is this normal?
Should I expect it to more consistently offer AP features as the car accumulates more mileage?
When the car is not offering AP features, is there anything I can do to understand why?
Curious if it is a regional/crowd sourced data relationship depending where you are?

My questions are:

Is this normal?
Wrong thread, this is the car's previous firmware thread. Please repost it here:
Firmware 8.1 - Autopilot HW2

My questions are:

Is this normal?

I have a new S with the same issue. For me when it happens if I pull over and power down the car through the screen and wait for 1-2 minutes it seems to bring the cruise and AP functions back.

I have a new S with the same issue. For me when it happens if I pull over and power down the car through the screen and wait for 1-2 minutes it seems to bring the cruise and AP functions back.

My service center installed 17.22.46 Monday and this seems to have fixed the problem with intermittent driver assistance. Auto high beam is also now available.

Reactions: Gforce1 and MP3Mike
Saw at least 1 news article last week suggesting the new firmware bringing AP2 to AP1 parity (and presumably the new kernel but not new browser yet) was coming out this weekend, but guess not ... ?

Elon Time (tm)....

We are all expecting a new firmware rollout this weekend but so far it's been a very limited deployment. Initial impressions are that steering and accelerating/braking are smoother compared to before though no direct comparisons have been made to AP1.

I don't think, based off early impressions, this update reaches full AP1 parity. It seems like Elon most likely meant certain aspects of AP2 have exceeded AP1 capabilities, which may be true. AP1's visual detection of cars is fairly slow compared to AP2, and AP2 already handles cresting hills better than AP1.

Reactions: SG57