Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First 2022 VINs (and changes) discussion / Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD hasn't changed for a couple of months. Emailed SA - texted back quickly with a very rough ETA of 11/17.
That's roughly 4 more weeks - Going KRAZY waiting. 🤪🤪🤪

MYLR Midnight Silver / Black / 19 / No Tow / FSD / 5 seat Wisconsin
OD: 7/23 / EDD: 11/15-11/30, 11/1-11/30, on 10/19 SA said Roughly 11/17

Reactions: impastu
Been lurking. Adding my order history for an additional data point.
-Ordered MYP approx. 09/01, website said November which was the timeframe I was aiming for.
-Received VIN super quick, approx. 09/15 with delivery about 10 days later.
-Was not ready and asked to hold.
-Order put on hold for 30 days.
-Order shows off hold approx 10/15.
-On 10/18 already receive new VIN.
-Not quite ready and also VIN is 21’, ask to hold again.
-Order is put on hold for 30 more days.
-Currently account shows on hold until 11/19.

Been lurking. Adding my order history for an additional data point.
-Ordered MYP approx. 09/01, website said November which was the timeframe I was aiming for.
-Received VIN super quick, approx. 09/15 with delivery about 10 days later.
-Was not ready and asked to hold.
-Order put on hold for 30 days.
-Order shows off hold approx 10/15.
-On 10/18 already receive new VIN.
-Not quite ready and also VIN is 21’, ask to hold again.
-Order is put on hold for 30 more days.
-Currently account shows on hold until 11/19.

You should repost this in MYP current delivery times thread. I am sure everyone would find it interesting.. there are people still waiting from August!

Reactions: impastu and RyStar
I am scheduled for delivery on Friday VIN 295. I would rather wait for a 2022 VIN, but would lose part of a CA rebate from $1500 to $750.
I don't have any EV incentives to account for in WA state but if I was in your situation, I'd likely take delivery. You have a guaranteed return of +$750 vs delaying and getting an unknown additional amount for resale, in the future.

If you are planning on waiting much longer for other rumored changes (front casting, 4680 cells, Federal EV tax credit) that may change your equation but if its JUST for 2022 VIN, I'd probably jump on the incentive.

I don't have any EV incentives to account for in WA state but if I was in your situation, I'd likely take delivery. You have a guaranteed return of +$750 vs delaying and getting an unknown additional amount for resale, in the future.

If you are planning on waiting much longer for other rumored changes (front casting, 4680 cells, Federal EV tax credit) that may change your equation but if its JUST for 2022 VIN, I'd probably jump on the incentive.
Right. I agree take the car. Lots of obsession getting “2022” VIN. Get the car, enjoy the car. If you’re worried about resale value at this point, You shouldn’t get the car.

I guess this is what my SA is expecting. He told me to be ready in December because if there is a car that matches my build he will let me know. So I assume they know from experience people push off their cars in December for a January car. I dont understand the big deal on a 2021 vs 2022 Vin for resale value. IMO once the new battery packs come out I dont care if its a 2021 or 2022 we are all taking a hit.

Does anyone know how the actual delivery works? When I did profile I chose no trade in because I knew adding it would be a waste of time since its only good for 60 days and I had a April but now Feb-Mar EOD which I am not expecting them to hit that date either. At the delivery date, at Tesla ready to finish paperwork, at that point I can add a trade in correct?

Reactions: impastu
Does anyone know how the actual delivery works? When I did profile I chose no trade in because I knew adding it would be a waste of time since its only good for 60 days and I had a April but now Feb-Mar EOD which I am not expecting them to hit that date either. At the delivery date, at Tesla ready to finish paperwork, at that point I can add a trade in correct?
No talk to your SA ahead of time to get it setup. He will set the trigger in the system to allow you to submit for a trade in. But it doesn’t happen in one day.

Reactions: Vladimir*22
How do you get a SA?? I don't have one.
No talk to your SA ahead of time to get it setup. He will set the trigger in the system to allow you to submit for a trade in. But it doesn’t happen in one day.
Thank you - I was actually at the dealer yesterday because I got word they had a new models for the showroom come in with different colors than white and black. WOW they look good in blue and red. Anyway the SA told me once I get a VIN it will take about 2 weeks to get the car, Im in Southern Florida. He said come in they will give the trade in estimate and Im good to go.