Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

First official Model 3 picture?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, no surprise here, thousands of people living in California received an invitation to attend Model 3 unveiling event. This is the very first Model 3 picture from Tesla. The front view looks exactly like a Model S.
Capture.JPG

It's the same blacked-out picture that was posted to twitter. The twitter pic has a Model S and X next to the blank space. The blank car is depicted as being dimensionally the same as Model S, which leads me to believe that there are no actual clues here.

I made this comparison from the tweet picture. Basically took the silhouette of the model 3 and put it on top of the model s picture. I aligned them with the wheels, it looks like its a tiny bit smaller, more shallow curves on the side near the headlights and the side mirrors smaller.

can't wait for more!
ss (2016-03-16 at 09.46.38).jpg

It's fun to think it's a real silhouette, but part of this marketing campaign is anticipation and shock factor. Posting even a fascia silhouette would give away too much. It's literally fractionally off on peoples' comparisons which is plenty of room for shadow errors, pixel displacements, sizing issues, etc.
By the way, I'm in no way downplaying the car, if it's looks like that I'm jumping to the ceiling. I just don't think they would give away that much given how it's been going. No leaks. No confirmed renders. No inside information. Nothing. Like I said, I think the shock factor will be the fact it's a car that hasn't been seen, and the first time it's seen, it will even allegedly be driveable.

Either way, excited as hell.

I have no idea where I saw it, but there was an article or post that claimed that stores would have a picture to show those putting down deposits.

I saw that and remember thinking whoever said it was no authority.

If Tesla says it will happen, then I'll believe it. So far that hasn't happened. And I seriously doubt it would, because all it would take is one media person to go and put down a deposit to see a photo, thus stealing the thunder from the event - which is probably the most important one Tesla has ever had.

Reactions: ProphetM
It's fun to think it's a real silhouette, but part of this marketing campaign is anticipation and shock factor. Posting even a fascia silhouette would give away too much. It's literally fractionally off on peoples' comparisons which is plenty of room for shadow errors, pixel displacements, sizing issues, etc.
By the way, I'm in no way downplaying the car, if it's looks like that I'm jumping to the ceiling. I just don't think they would give away that much given how it's been going. No leaks. No confirmed renders. No inside information. Nothing. Like I said, I think the shock factor will be the fact it's a car that hasn't been seen, and the first time it's seen, it will even allegedly be driveable.

Either way, excited as hell.

Not only driveable, but test drives will be given to media at the reveal according to the invitation to media received by Daniel Sparks of Motley Fool.