Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this hypothesizing is driving me crazy. I wish Tesla would tell us what is going on and what to do. As beta testers we deserve some communication! My car still has 10.3. It slammed the brakes on the freeway at 70mph this morning and constant crash warnings for cars 100ft away. Downgrade completed but not installed. Is my car safe to drive?
If it slammed the brakes at 70mph I think you have your answer. I would say, however, that the FCWs are likely related to the sudden braking, so if your FSD Beta is working now without throwing false FCWs, and Tesla has still not published anything regarding this current release, I’d say you’re probably maybe ok, but be very attentive.

Reactions: hcdavis3
If it slammed the brakes at 70mph I think you have your answer. I would say, however, that the FCWs are likely related to the sudden braking, so if your FSD Beta is working now without throwing false FCWs, and Tesla has still not published anything regarding this current release, I’d say you’re probably maybe ok, but be very attentive.
Again, more hypothesizing. I want Tesla to tell me what to do!

For those of you who just had FSD Beta 10.3 pushed to you this morning you probably found out that after your first drive your whole autopilot system goes haywire. (FCW when they aren't appropriate, AP disengaging constantly, ect). I played around with a few things, but finally found something that seems to have worked to fix the problem for now. Hopefully this helps some of you at least get your car back to where you can drive it normally without a FCW warning going off in your face every minute!

1. Park the car and plug it in.
2. Remove your hard drive and/or stick from the USB port
3. Turn OFF Sentry Mode and Smart Summon Standby
4. Make sure there are no Tesla apps open on anyone's phone who is linked to the car
5. Go into Safety and Security and click "Power Off."
6. Exit car, close door and do nothing else. Don't open any door, don't open the Tesla App, Do nothing!
7. Wait roughly 30 minutes. I tried waiting 5 minutes but that wasn't long enough so I did it for 30 minutes and everything was back to normal. It might not take 30 minutes, but that is what I waited.

I'd advise keeping Sentry Mode OFF until they get a fix out. I just took a drive and the FSD Beta was working great again and no more FCWs!
I did this and it fixed all the issues. Finally able to use FSD beta.

I still left sentry mode off and summon standby off.

I went for a couple drives and came back home without a single FCW and FSD performed like I expected.

While I was in the process of trying if the above worked I noticed the software update. It downloaded but I did not install since noticed would take me out of the beta.

After coming back home even if I wanted the install is no longer available.

The past month has been a mess. I feel bad for all of you working hard to get the beta and after reading about the sudden braking to several members I can see why they rushed that update. I hope everyone that downloaded 10.3 are taken care off in the next days.

Okay so I'm not alone with the autopilot not being able to engage? I thought something was broken all of a sudden .-.
I had the same issue on my 2nd drive.

Recalibrated Cameras and in 5-10 minutes I was up and running.

Did 120 mile drive and no false FCW’s

Note: When you go on the highway it reverts back to standard AP. When get back off city driving comes back on.

I normally don’t use Nav on AutoPilot but I enabled it. It “almost” did door to door. I had to intervene a couple times that didn’t feel safe/good (it might have been ok).

Nav on autopilot still hit ramps a bit fast and wiggly.

Only difference on highway was it seemed to follow speed limits where it used to more or less ignore them. And I assume it’s in “Vision” mode.

I wonder if when you turn off beta if Radar comes back on and can go above 80 mph again.

Reactions: DFWBrad and K5TRX
I ended up with 5.1 automatically downloading today. I have now been placed back into the safety score program after getting a 91 today totally at the fault of 10.3. I have no idea if I’ve been kicked out of the 10.3 update group or not. I guess I will just have to wait and see. It certainly is frustrating. I have only been waiting 12 months for FSD. I feel really bad for you guys that I’ve been waiting years and years.

I went for another drive to my office and back to understand what I will face tomorrow.
So far 6 different drives in a timepsan of 10 hours since performing “the fix”

Car did excellent on FSD except for 1 roundabout but since fix stated in first post of this thread I have had no issues.

Still keeping sentry mode off as well as smart summon. I noticed Tesla turned off automatically automatic emergency breaking and forward collision warning.

They are off and I didn’t do that.
I did this test drives to ensure it’s all good for tomorrow.
Hope this helps

For those of you who just had FSD Beta 10.3 pushed to you this morning you probably found out that after your first drive your whole autopilot system goes haywire. (FCW when they aren't appropriate, AP disengaging constantly, ect). I played around with a few things, but finally found something that seems to have worked to fix the problem for now. Hopefully this helps some of you at least get your car back to where you can drive it normally without a FCW warning going off in your face every minute!

1. Park the car and plug it in.
2. Remove your hard drive and/or stick from the USB port
3. Turn OFF Sentry Mode and Smart Summon Standby
4. Make sure there are no Tesla apps open on anyone's phone who is linked to the car
5. Go into Safety and Security and click "Power Off."
6. Exit car, close door and do nothing else. Don't open any door, don't open the Tesla App, Do nothing!
7. Wait roughly 30 minutes. I tried waiting 5 minutes but that wasn't long enough so I did it for 30 minutes and everything was back to normal. It might not take 30 minutes, but that is what I waited.

I'd advise keeping Sentry Mode OFF until they get a fix out. I just took a drive and the FSD Beta was working great again and no more FCWs!
You gotta be kidding...what about run around the car 3 times?! Thank you, but seriously, I'll just wait until they fix what they broke!
I actually just turned off all autopilot and all safety features and drove 38 miles with no issues.

• Funny
Reactions: hcdavis3 and EVNow
Right, but whatever they use to determine if AP can engage seems to have drastically changed for some reason? FSD works great when it can engage, it just won’t.
without knowing the specific nature of the bug, we can't know why it doesn't engage. There's no point speculating about it. It's a bug, and when it's fixed, we'll be able to engage AP/FSD.

Reactions: BossMan123