Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fix for Broken FSD Beta 10.3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WARNING: My car on the highway without AP on slammed on the brakes. No bridge, no nothing. Not phantom braking. Full slam. I immediately hit the pedal and it overrode it. It was scary. Cars were all around and we were all going 80. I was going to insist you all do the update but it just disappeared for me as well. Just be careful out there family.
Same to me. It will be a miracle if no accidents happen today because of this. I do not want to drive my car until I get a different version.

As an engineer myself, I can say that I definitely would not want to be on this development team today. After the tweet about 10.3 getting delayed by a day, I had a feeling that it might have been a bit rushed. Probably should have waited a few more days to push this.

I swear I saw another update notification this afternoon but my car was in marginal Wi-Fi. Good thing, because I probably would have said yes immediately thinking it was a fix for FCW falses. Luckily when I got the car back in Wi-Fi range and check car and phone there was no update.

This is Jekyll and Hyde behavior. For me anyway, 10.3 is either working fine, safer and smoother than 10.2, or it's outright broken. And then it can go back to being fine again if you let the car sit for a while. Given the on/off behavior, my guess is someone on the beta team screwed up something pretty basic. Otherwise the sophisticated behavior would not be possible.

They'll identify the issue, and someone will feel very stupid. For that person's sake, I hope it was a one-off.

Reactions: FalconFour
I swear I saw another update notification this afternoon but my car was in marginal Wi-Fi. Good thing, because I probably would have said yes immediately thinking it was a fix for FCW falses. Luckily when I got the car back in Wi-Fi range and check car and phone there was no update.
Same. Would probably downgrade even though no issues, but that option went away.

WARNING: My car on the highway without AP on slammed on the brakes. No bridge, no nothing. Not phantom braking. Full slam. I immediately hit the pedal and it overrode it. It was scary. Cars were all around and we were all going 80. I was going to insist you all do the update but it just disappeared for me as well. Just be careful out there family.

Ugh, this is not a good look with the increased scrutiny from NHTSA. Luckily I've been indoors all day due to inclement weather.

This is Jekyll and Hyde behavior. For me anyway, 10.3 is either working fine, safer and smoother than 10.2, or it's outright broken. And then it can go back to being fine again if you let the car sit for a while. Given the on/off behavior, my guess is someone on the beta team screwed up something pretty basic. Otherwise the sophisticated behavior would not be possible.

They'll identify the issue, and someone will feel very stupid. For that person's sake, I hope it was a one-off.
Same experience here. I was really impressed with 10.3 this morning but I lost all functionality on my second drive this afternoon for seemingly no reason.

I just checked my car and I noticed that both FCW and AEB were toggled to off. I’ve always kept my settings to Early and On, so I don’t know if 10.3 changed my settings when I first updated, or if Tesla did a stealth settings change themselves without an update in an attempt to workaround the bug even without me updating

Reactions: phantasms
I just checked my car and I noticed that both FCW and AEB were toggled to off. I’ve always kept my settings to Early and On, so I don’t know if 10.3 changed my settings when I first updated, or if Tesla did a stealth settings change themselves without an update in an attempt to workaround the bug even without me updating
Mine were off too, but I turned them back on and got more FCWs than normal. I toggled it back to off and I’m still getting them. Not sure why if it’s off?

I loaded the roll back to the .1 and now no more beta and no answer about when possibly a fix will come for those who downloaded and installed the .1. Anyone have any legitimate answers?
All you‘re gonna get are guesses, I’m afraid. My guess is that they pushed 36.5.1 prematurely, pulled it back, and possibly have fixed the issue remotely, because the crazy FCWs and disabled TACC/Autopilot seems to have gone away and everything is working as it should. At least for me. Feel bad for people that downgraded. Then again, wish me luck, maybe my car kills me tomorrow!

whatever the case, I would say expect an update in the next few days. If you got beta this morning, chances are you will get beta again in the next few days.

Reactions: gcsutton
With my 2020 Model S I got a lot of FCW’s before the reload(no braking thanks goodness) I seen several people say they don’t get any warnings. Wish everyone would have what car they have in their header, I wonder if new cars that don’t have radar are behaving differently? I am a software developer and I do feel for the dev team. Different kind of coding when people’s lives are at risk. If I make a mistake maybe a store doesn’t know when a shipment will arrive(don’t get me wrong, they still scream like a poked them a sharp stick)

• Funny
Reactions: gaspi101
It’s a Sunday so we probably won’t have any official answers until tomorrow at the earliest

All you‘re gonna get are guesses, I’m afraid. My guess is that they pushed 36.5.1 prematurely, pulled it back, and possibly have fixed the issue remotely, because the crazy FCWs and disabled TACC/Autopilot seems to have gone away and everything is working as it should. At least for me. Feel bad for people that downgraded. Then again, wish me luck, maybe my car kills me tomorrow!

whatever the case, I would say expect an update in the next few days. If you got beta this morning, chances are you will get beta again in the next few days.
Thanks for the reply. 🤘🤘