Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Flash Poll for US Owners: Can you configure your Model 3?

US Owners: Do you have your Model 3 configure invite? (Pls check your Tesla acct before voting)

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't think of any anecdotal account of an owner recently that hasn't been invited. I think if I was in that boat and literally everyone else had received an invite, I'd be all over this forum posting in multiple threads asking why Tesla hates me.

That makes sense to me. I can only think of one or two anecdotal accounts of owners saying they hadn't been invited but when they checked with Tesla there was some snafu with owner credit and once that was sorted out they received an invite.

OK, we have some new "no" votes but I think they are likely errors like the earlier ones.

Please correct me if I am wrong but @villarrr and @ergela seem to be non-owners based on the spreadsheet and posting history. @SoCalLawyer has bought and sold at least one Model 3.

Current tally: 51-0 owners receiving configure invites versus not.

Sorry you are correct.... i misread the thread title. Please remove my vote if you can....

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
OK, so seems like Tesla invited all the remaining US prior Tesla owners to configure which means that most of the first production LR orders, from prior Tesla owners, are in and configured... but the math seems a little fuzzy... I placed my order on August 2nd 2016 and thought there were around 375K total M3 orders at that point, which later changed to about 350K orders, due to some cancellations that were not reported..... Somewhere I read that about 7% of the total orders were "Owners", which would be almost 25,000 prior Tesla owner orders..... another poll showed that over half of the people with reservations were going to choose the first production LR model, instead of waiting for SR or AWD. So from that information, it seems like Tesla must have thrown out a whole bunch of invites, for the last batch of invites, and maybe that's why the delivery estimate increased to 3-6 weeks, from 4 weeks.... but wonder if that's just another ambitious goal....

They must be building a lot of cars now for all the owners to have gotten invites, and all who want the First Production to have dates within six weeks. OTOH, my VIN is between 5,000 and 6,000, which suggests that up to me, they've not built all that many cars. Unless the VIN number is misleading and the same number occurs multiple times due to different letters in the first part of the VIN.

I ordered on Day Two, and I'm in Spokane, which is about as far from Bellevue as you can get and still be in Washington State. So, very far from a service/delivery center.

I like the idea of a poll choice that says "Oops, I made a mistake, don't count my vote."

OK, so seems like Tesla invited all the remaining US prior Tesla owners to configure which means that most of the first production LR orders, from prior Tesla owners, are in and configured... but the math seems a little fuzzy... I placed my order on August 2nd 2016 and thought there were around 375K total M3 orders at that point, which later changed to about 350K orders, due to some cancellations that were not reported..... Somewhere I read that about 7% of the total orders were "Owners", which would be almost 25,000 prior Tesla owner orders..... another poll showed that over half of the people with reservations were going to choose the first production LR model, instead of waiting for SR or AWD. So from that information, it seems like Tesla must have thrown out a whole bunch of invites, for the last batch of invites, and maybe that's why the delivery estimate increased to 3-6 weeks, from 4 weeks.... but wonder if that's just another ambitious goal....
You forgot about all the outside the US people that aren't invited.

OK, we have some new "no" votes but I think they are likely errors like the earlier ones.

Please correct me if I am wrong but @villarrr and @ergela seem to be non-owners based on the spreadsheet and posting history. @SoCalLawyer has bought and sold at least one Model 3.

Current tally: 51-0 owners receiving configure invites versus not.
What was the point of starting the poll if you won't accept the results? Why not just state all owners can now configure and skip the poll?

What was the point of starting the poll if you won't accept the results? Why not just state all owners can now configure and skip the poll?

We have some non-owners voting by mistake and almost all have acknowledged it. Unfortunately, TMC does not have an option to remove a vote. It would be incorrect and misleading to count them as owners, which is the point of the poll.

Reactions: Yuri_G
I think we have a similar problem with the spreadsheet. I went back over the numbers again last night, after eliminating the obvious mistakes, the only owners without invites are the second reservations and the older entries that have not been updated in a while. So I think you are probably correct in your assessment that the owners list is essentially complete. Next batch when ever that is will have to include non-owners.

I think we have a similar problem with the spreadsheet. I went back over the numbers again last night, after eliminating the obvious mistakes, the only owners without invites are the second reservations and the older entries that have not been updated in a while. So I think you are probably correct in your assessment that the owners list is essentially complete. Next batch when ever that is will have to include non-owners.

Thanks @chojn1 -- that's very helpful!

for whatever it's worth I merged my account (non owner) that had a April 3rd 2016 reservation on it to my mom's Tesla account thanks to al lovely Tesla sales advisor a week ago 2/16 so I could take advantage of my mom's Current model S owner priority and so far as of today (2/23) my delivery window still shows June-August which was the same as it was when it was on my non owner account. Not sure how long it takes to feel the current owner priority love but currently I'm still out of luck.

My guess: Ten years until a regular consumer can buy a real FSD car.

Well if you think its going to be that long, I'm interested in your opinion of the ethics of Tesla advertising FSD today on their website? And actually selling the upgrade today? I agree with you about the timing - its going to be quite a long time I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong).

What if 10 years pass and they still don't have FSD, and 500,000 people have paid for it? Isn't this going to be some kind of legal problem for Tesla?