Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do have a vin. I’m in Paris until the 30th so hopefully it’s more like the 1st. Makes coming back from vacation more exciting:)
Ah. This is one of those situations where you’re hoping they don’t call while you’re away and take your silence as no interest and pass it on to next person. Are you able to receive calls while you’re in Paris? From what people have said, looks like you get the prompt to schedule online so maybe you’re able to pick a time after you arrive.

Finally got my VIN today. Took a look=ng while, order was placed May 9th. MY, LR, Black, 7 Seater. Can anyone advise on how I would check the build date/range?
My SA says my “Born” date is August 21st.
The delivery window now shows Sept 2nd to Sept 8th. Ive been waiting since May. This kind of sucks. I’ll be out of state Sept 2nd to 9th late plus I’ll also be unavailable Sept 15th and 16th inclusive. Really hope it comes in between those dates or after the 16h.

My SA says my “Born” date is August 21st.
The delivery window now shows Sept 2nd to Sept 8th. Ive been waiting since May. This kind of sucks. I’ll be out of state Sept 2nd to 9th late plus I’ll also be unavailable Sept 15th and 16th inclusive. Really hope it comes in between those dates or after the 16h.
You have a 3 day window to pick it up, otherwise, you might be waiting for much longer.

Ah. This is one of those situations where you’re hoping they don’t call while you’re away and take your silence as no interest and pass it on to next person. Are you able to receive calls while you’re in Paris? From what people have said, looks like you get the prompt to schedule online so maybe you’re able to pick a time after you arrive.
Yup, I can get calls and I have email. Looking forward to scheduling!

Just picked up today in WPB.. From the dealership to the tint shop for ppf/ceramic coating and tints!

I'll have it back in a week, such a tease.
Where are you going for tint and ppf? I’m sitting over here with an order in since April and just haven’t filled in the required details yet… hoping and praying for hugs Texas to come online and/or tax credit to pass before I fill in the rest. Kinda need a car at this point, but MY 2.0 is literally just around the corner!

Just talked to Tesla. Born on date of 8/17 and they are on the final leg of the trip. Estimated to be in store the first couple days of September. The nice lady said she assumes I will have a pick up at the end of next week.
Hopefully you guys are close too!

Reactions: renzito
Aren’t any of you guys worried about missing out on MY 2.0 in just a couple months (if that)?
At first I was. But there is no way it’s a couple months. They haven’t even built the building yet. They are still hiring staff. Then they have to set the machines and get the 2.0 all ready to go. They also have to get all the final inspections and the building actually operational. Then there is going to be a pretty limited run as they slowly iron out any bugs and those cars distribute all over the country to people waiting. Oh then there is the actual time to get regulator approvals etc.

Also they already said they are going to prioritize the cyber truck there.

I would be shocked if we see a 2.0 within 18 months. Once that all happens there is going to be a mad rush to get one. By that time I can decide if it’s worth upgrading.

Aren’t any of you guys worried about missing out on MY 2.0 in just a couple months (if that)?

At first I was. But there is no way it’s a couple months. They haven’t even built the building yet. They are still hiring staff. Then they have to set the machines and get the 2.0 all ready to go. They also have to get all the final inspections and the building actually operational. Then there is going to be a pretty limited run as they slowly iron out any bugs and those cars distribute all over the country to people waiting. Oh then there is the actual time to get regulator approvals etc.

I would be shocked if we see a 2.0 within 18 months. Once that all happens there is going to be a mad rush to get one. By that time I can decide if it’s worth upgrading.

It's also been said that the 4680 batteries won't be coming out of TX anytime soon, they will be the same as what's used right now. As for single casting, does it really make a difference?
The battery is what I'm really looking forward to but it's not soon enough to change anything. Only thing that would suck is if the price drops big because of the cheaper cost of production, lol

Something interesting just happened. We have 2 MYLRs ordered both black int, no FSD, no tow, 20" inductions. We ordered the first one originally on 5/29, MSM and changed colors on 6/21 to white. The delivery date for that for the past 2 weeks or so has been 9/9 - 9/29.
The second one was ordered on 7/16 (MSM) after we got hit with a price increase on the first one when we changed color. The EDD on the second one has always been Oct-Nov which is fine as I'm really planning to take delivery Dec/Jan 22.
I log into the second order's account today and the EDD has jumped to 9/15 - 9/30, practically the same EDD as the first one technically ordered almost 2 months before.
It would be interesting if the 2nd order arrives before the first. Funny thing, when we switched the first order to white, the SA said we'd likely get the car a lot sooner since they make more white cars. The EDD back then was mid July. Gave me false hope.

It's also been said that the 4680 batteries won't be coming out of TX anytime soon, they will be the same as what's used right now. As for single casting, does it really make a difference?
The battery is what I'm really looking forward to but it's not soon enough to change anything. Only thing that would suck is if the price drops big because of the cheaper cost of production, lol
Still looming tax credit vote out there as soon as next month. That’s a potential $10K savings. Wouldn’t you want to wait for that too??

At first yes,

But let's face facts, 4680s are not going into MDY in Austin until late next year at the earliest.

Tesla can live off "MDY 1.5" for at least a year. 4680 priority needs to go into Cybertruck and Semi.

This version has plenty to offer.

Last edited:
Still looming tax credit vote out there as soon as next month. That’s a potential $10K savings. Wouldn’t you want to wait for that too??
Tax credit is written to be retroactive, if it does happen. If not, we still have a fun car!
Like diabloblanco said, it should be retroactive, hopefully, at least for the tax year so should still be good. At the same time, can't hang hopes on congress to live. There was an amendment to limit the credit to only certain prices and income, if that passes, we'd all be excluded based on the price of MY and who knows how long they'll be debating for.
The savings on gas and maintenance is good enough. Took my car to the shop for oil change on Friday, that was $150 and it's another at least $50 every couple weeks to fill up on premium gas. Those are immediate sure savings I'm looking forward to.

I like to just say this, too many what ifs. Enjoy the car now if you absolutely want one. Many Tesla owns have seen their cars get “upgraded” but you know what, they still love their car.

Things do get better but are they absolutely worth waiting for, well depends on the person. Tesla will have a huge resell value for some time because demand is so high. So, if you want a MY 2.0 whenever that happens, you can honestly swap to one with minimal loss, heck you might even gain more from your sale.

I pulled my trigger cause I was tired of waiting. Technology is going to change all the time, you just have to be okay understanding that. At least we have over the air upgrades.

Side note: it would be nice to get the front/rear casted Texas MY because they claim it will add more miles from the weight reduction but frankly even 320 is plenty for what I drive.

As for the tax break if I’m not mistaken they were looking at retrospectively to May I thought.

Reactions: DMateo

It will be way befor 18 months. Probably more like end of this year for first batches to start coming out however probably without the 4680 batteries.

I too was in the wait for the 2.0 MY as so close but at this point I need a car now as it’s affecting my daily life. I’m driving my work Sprinter Van 2500 daily 120 miles when it should be 25 miles for that beast. Need to go electric for gas savings and comfort. If mine got pushed any further I’d put it on hold but it’s now coming first two weeks of Sept.

Musk has announced that the model Y will take priority at the new Austin Giga not the Cyber Truck once the plant opens. They will start the model Y production before the plant is fully completed for the CT section and before outside decor is done. Still that requires time for testing etc. Looks like they already started testing. Maybe there will be production quality issues in the beginning. At the point they open how will you chose a Texas VS CA model Y. I doubt we’ll have choice of plant. I’m guessing Nov/Dec. it’s all maybe and guessing…

MY 2.0 supposed to end up having the better one piece front end casting, eventually 4680 battery, I’m speculating on the updated front door cards like China, and whatever other tweaks come from the front end change. Most of the changes are designed to reduce manufacturing costs while providing benefits of being lighter, stiffer thus resulting in more range.

Still I need one now and don’t feel like waiting possibly another 4 to 6 months. 6 months is half a year. By then my CT will hopefully become available (ordered on eve it was announced). and I’ll pass the MY to my wife who’s also do for a new car.