Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where are you going for tint and ppf? I’m sitting over here with an order in since April and just haven’t filled in the required details yet… hoping and praying for hugs Texas to come online and/or tax credit to pass before I fill in the rest. Kinda need a car at this point, but MY 2.0 is literally just around the corner!
It's currently at E1 Auto Spa in West Palm. Doing full PPF, ceramic coating inside/out, and tints.

Reactions: winfield100
At first I was. But there is no way it’s a couple months. They haven’t even built the building yet. They are still hiring staff. Then they have to set the machines and get the 2.0 all ready to go. They also have to get all the final inspections and the building actually operational. Then there is going to be a pretty limited run as they slowly iron out any bugs and those cars distribute all over the country to people waiting. Oh then there is the actual time to get regulator approvals etc.

Also they already said they are going to prioritize the cyber truck there.

I would be shocked if we see a 2.0 within 18 months. Once that all happens there is going to be a mad rush to get one. By that time I can decide if it’s worth upgrading.
No one knows what a "2.0" will actually have. Let them figure out their supply shortages first....

Omg so happy for you! Hoping I get one this week as well. What time of day did it come in? Text, email? Has your date range changed ?
I Jinxed it LMAO

Woke up this morning to no VIN no EDD

So I received communication via email and text, the email/text said something about financing being approved, I found it odd since I had financing approved way back. However I've read that when this much time passes they re-run credit etc.

So I immediately logged into my account, and what popped up was the 'confirm your order update' screen that talks about teslas transition to Vision (no more radar etc).. I hit Proceed with delivery and boom, I had a VIN. It was showing an updated EDD for this week! I believe it was showing 08/24- 08/28 (I didnt take a screenshot :(😖)... I was so happy.

This morning though... its all gone, no EDD no VIN.. back to loser status...what a huge tease lol. I messaged my SA will keep you guys updated. Not even the new rollercoaster at Universal was this wild lol

I Jinxed it LMAO

So I received communication via email and text, the email/text said something about financing being approved, I found it odd since I had financing approved way back. However I've read that when this much time passes they re-run credit etc.

So I immediately logged into my account, and what popped up was the 'confirm your order update' screen that talks about teslas transition to Vision (no more radar etc).. I hit Proceed with delivery and boom, I had a VIN. It was showing an updated EDD for this week! I believe it was showing 08/24- 08/28 (I didnt take a screenshot :(😖)... I was so happy.

This morning though... its all gone, no EDD no VIN.. back to loser status...what a huge tease lol. I messaged my SA will keep you guys updated. Not even the new rollercoaster at Universal was this wild lol
Omg I hope they didn’t give your car away! When did you order again and what config? I can’t remember if I asked you before. I would be depressed if I was in your shoes. They should give us super chargers miles for the wait!

I Jinxed it LMAO

that's the biggest tease ever. EDD for this week too. Hopefully it's just a glitch and you're back on schedule

Giga Shanghai Production Rate Hits Milestone: Tesla's Giga Shanghai has reached a production capacity of 1,000 Model Y vehicles per day last week, according to reports.

Whenever I see this I just look forward to gigatexas more and more lol. I heard the quality of Shanghai smashes what we make here. Would be cool if they could ship those here :)

It's currently at E1 Auto Spa in West Palm. Doing full PPF, ceramic coating inside/out, and tints.

If your car takes an extra day I apologize… I kept Mario on the phone…. I’m taking my Y to him on delivery day for the same treatments. Which tint did you go with? I’m putting the clear ceramic tint on all the windows including the roof and windshield to keep the UV and Heat out. Tesla’s tints are purely cosmetic with no UV protections.

Max

Reactions: DMateo
If your car takes an extra day I apologize… I kept Mario on the phone…. I’m taking my Y to him on delivery day for the same treatments. Which tint did you go with? I’m putting the clear ceramic tint on all the windows including the roof and windshield to keep the UV and Heat out. Tesla’s tints are purely cosmetic with no UV protections.

Max
No worries! He really knows his stuff and is very patient/genuinely cares. I asked him more questions than I can count and he was patient all throughout.

Xpel ultimate plus for the PPF and that's going on the entire body of the car with Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating over it. He's even using some of the ppf for the screen (I'm a bit eccentric)...

For tints, I'm doing Xpel XR Plus 20% on the front, 70% on the rear sides (matches almost perfectly with the front given the 24% tint it comes with), roof and rear gate glass and a 45% on the front windshield.

No worries! He really knows his stuff and is very patient/genuinely cares. I asked him more questions than I can count and he was patient all throughout.

Xpel ultimate plus for the PPF and that's going on the entire body of the car with Xpel Fusion Plus Ceramic Coating over it. He's even using some of the ppf for the screen (I'm a bit eccentric)...

For tints, I'm doing Xpel XR Plus 20% on the front, 70% on the rear sides (matches almost perfectly with the front given the 24% tint it comes with), roof and rear gate glass and a 45% on the front windshield.
I just checked out their site; prices reasonable too, just a bit of a drive from Miami. I will be giving them a call for sure.

How much was the whole work? Do you have a breakdown?

Here in Tampa, for all the window tint (including windshield and roof) with XR Plus is $1000 Trying to see what the average prices are.

and there it goes, bad sign!

Estimated Delivery: September 09 - September 26

I'M DONE
I am getting legit scared lol I have just heard a lot of people seeing their date go back a month. I am still sitting at my current and refreshing like mad to see if I get hit with it too but *knock on wood* no change. They do need to address what is going on with the public; I know investors will not be pleased, but seriously...the news from other sources is hurting Tesla alone with how long the delays are. Not to mention you can swap for the more expensive model and get it within a month; it just blows my mind.

Sorry man, I really hope you get that VIN back soon.

Reactions: renzito